Author Topic: Newbee from Washington State  (Read 1254 times)

Copasspupil

Newbee from Washington State
« on: May 30, 2019, 09:43:02 AM »
New to here, but not a BBQ/Smoking maker.  I started out with a Smith and Wesson from 2004 - a line of Traeger which I learned to smoke meats for around 12 years before I decided to venture out to learn the Santa Maria style of smoking and a year later built my second smoker - stick burner and have nee hooked ever since.  Simply put, I love the process of curing, aging and smoking meats.  I joined this group to learn from each of you to make my food better.  Thanks for letting me join!

Dan from Enumclaw, WA

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbee from Washington State
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 12:06:47 PM »
Welcome from Delaware, Dan!   Please feel free to share your own expertise as well!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Copasspupil

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:56:51 PM »
Appreciate that!  In the last 7 years, I have really gotten into making bacon. Recently just discovered the EQ method and my family now loves my bacon. I do traditional pork belly bacon, buckboard, Canadian and pancetta. Two months ago I tried my hand at aging a NY strip and have another one going right now with a age date of 35 days just in time for father’s day.  I picked up a True GDM-12 and will transfer it into it tonight as I just get it ready with the fans and temp monitor.

I enjoy all types of cooking, smoking and bbqing. I really want to learn more about charcuterie. The science behind flavoring, preserving and eating what has been done for years has really caught my interest.

Thanks,
Dan

Hank R

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 07:13:00 PM »
Welcome Dan from western Canada just north of you a bit.
Smokin-It #1
Napoleon Prestige gas BBQ with Cast Iron Charcoal/Smoker Tray
 30 year old Big Chief smoker (unused for the last 25)
 Snow blower lover Toro 1128 HD,
 collector of Oilcans
Princeton BC Canada

TexasSMK

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 07:21:21 PM »
Welcome from Maryland Dan.  Wife and I just returned from vacation in Washington.  We had a great time.  Tons of great info on this site, enjoy.
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 09:05:43 PM »
Welcome Dan from SE Arizona.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill