Author Topic: New Model 3 WIFI - Smokin-It customer service and first cooks  (Read 1439 times)

Reverhart

Hi Folks,

After much research, I was the lucky recipient of a model 3 WIFI as a gift for birthday earlier in May. Ok, in reality I told my wife what I wanted and then ordered it myself - still a gift of sorts.

The weekend after the unit arrived, we did the break in smoke and I noted at the time two things:
1) It “wobbled” like a table with a short leg, one caster was off by about 1/4”
2) The door was at an angle with respect to the frame, also off by about 1/4”

I took pictures, measured, checked with a framing square and found the chassis was out of square. I had an email exchange with Steve, including some pictures and the measurements and he concluded that this was likely shipping damage and sent a replacement. Awesome customer service - of course I had to re-pack the damaged one, but otherwise very easy, with Smokin-It having FedEx do a pick up for the return trip.

I’m happy with the model 3, have done ribs and a chicken - both following recipes here on the forum, both came out quite good. I’m looking forward to smoking a brisket this weekend for Memorial Day.

Thanks to Steve and the team for the great product and making the exchange smooth!

Randal

Lonzinomaker

Re: New Model 3 WIFI - Smokin-It customer service and first cooks
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 08:33:57 PM »
I had an issue with a couple of grates with bad spot welds.  Contacted Smokin-It and they were replaced right away.
Best customer service ever!
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »
Great to have you join the family, Randal!
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

barelfly

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
Welcome!

And great to see things like this being resolved so easily. Enjoy that smoker and show some pics!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear