Author Topic: Trying to recall a factory programmed recipe setting for smoking.  (Read 2146 times)

Morehouse

I've had my smoker for 1.5 years but ran into a problem today. 

When I hit the +1 button, it doesn't show rC in left and End in right

It just flashes back to the internal and box temperature which doesn't allow me to select P1

Can you suggest something?  What am I missing?

Below are the instructions I'm trying to follow

Recall a recipe

To recall a recipe, press and hold SET key for 2 seconds until the left window shows LCK and then release the SET key. The right window will show 0. Use + key to adjust the number to 1, and then press SET. “rC” (recall) will be shown on the left window and End in the right window. This can prevent your current program being accidently overwritten by a recalled program. Use “+” or “-” key to locate the recipe you want to recall. If you press “+” key repeatedly, you will see End, B1, B2, C1, C2, F1, F2, P1, and P2 one by one. After you locate the recipe that you want to recall, press the SET key to select it.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Trying to recall a factory programmed recipe setting for smoking.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 09:25:11 PM »
I have never used the recipe function.  I am assuming that you have had success in the past recalling recipes and this is something new?
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Morehouse

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »
Yes.  I typically just plug in the P1 recipe for pulled pork which is a factory setting and it's good to go. 

I tried to do a hard reset but it wouldn't work because it wouldn't let me "Set" after I got to 666.  Looks like same issue as the problem recalling a recipe. 

Will be very disappointed if after this short amount of time I have to buy a new 199.00 digital piece.  I store it inside when I don't use it.  I never use in the rain. Shouldn't malfunction like this in my opinion. 

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 01:21:01 PM »
Morehouse...  is it safe to assume you've unplugged, left for a few minutes, and plugged back in? 
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

kona77

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 07:46:04 AM »
 My 3-D can be a little touchy when I go back and forth between a program recipe and one of my manual set cooks.
As noted, I sometimes have to turn off the unit and start over to recall a recipe. Also found that I have to push/release the
set keys really quickly to move thru the steps.. Assumed my unit might just be more sensitive but I always end up with the proper settings but it may take me a couple of attempts.
Gene from Wisconsin
SI newbie (3-D)
Live/breathe for the outdoors..

Morehouse

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 12:47:20 PM »
Yes, I've turned it off and let it set for 3-5 minutes.  It's so quick to skip the step I need, I can't get it to stick on the Rcl window.

I've got an email into Steve.  Going to send him a video of the me going through the steps.  Hoping we can figure something out.  It's my baby.  I take better care of it than my cars!