Author Topic: Bacon wrapped loin & stuffed poblano  (Read 1831 times)

Walt

Bacon wrapped loin & stuffed poblano
« on: January 01, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »
The loin was 2.5 lbs packaged in an herb balsamic marinade.  Covered it in bacon & smoked to 155 using about 2 oz of apple wood.  Right @ 2 hrs @ 250.  The family loved it & really enjoyed eating the bacon off of the top.

The poblano was stuffed with mozzarela, red sauce & crushed meat ball.  Home made meat balls & red sauce yesterday. After it came out i topped with parm, more red sauce & fresh basil. Mmmmmmmm...

After all was on the plate I started eating & forgot to take a picture of the final product.  You get the picture.....
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:27:42 PM by Walt »
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
Re: Bacon wrapped loin & stuffed poblano
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 12:04:54 AM »
Nice work there! Looks pretty good. Really wanting to make some poblano stuffed peppers one day.
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

Walt

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:36:58 AM »
Benjamin,

I roasted them 1st over an open flame to charr the skin.  The flavor came through in the final product.  My wife brought these home and requested a smoke :)  She loved the flavor of the japaleno's but they were HOT! Oddly, the poblano had a mild but noticable burn on the back the toungue.  Unexpected but nice.  Dont delay, this was my 3rd pepper roast in a week.  Yum!
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 01:54:47 AM »
I have always roasted them on the grill first then stuffed and put in oven for cooking. But I think the flavor of a smoker would knock them off the charts. Love poblano peppers for their mild bite. They never last long after cooking since they are so darn good.
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2