Author Topic: Anyone use those Bradley Smoker Pucks?  (Read 2914 times)

Ducksoup

Anyone use those Bradley Smoker Pucks?
« on: October 21, 2017, 09:15:16 PM »
Was looking for some wood to use, and I know Bradley makes those little pucks. It says it's for any smoker or grille, so I'm wondering if these would work in the Little Guy?

raymillsus

Re: Anyone use those Bradley Smoker Pucks?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »
I have tried the left over ones I have. All I can say is that I would use them if I had them as they do smoke but I would not go out and buy them. Just my opinion.
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Tec Sterling 2 Infrared Grill
USN 1988-1998 Medically discharged.
Biker at heart, I ride for abused children
Great BBQ is a passion.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 08:13:38 PM »
They would probably "work", but they are really designed to burn how the Bradley burns them. Not sure how well they would work. One of the great things about the SI is that it burns real wood chunks or chips. And that opens up a whole big world of wood selection. Consider ordering variety packs of chunks from smokinlicious.com or fruitawood.com instead of buying those pucks. These smokers do not use very much wood, so a small order of wood will last you a long time, and will be relatively inexpensive on a per smoke basis.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

Ducksoup

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 09:36:35 PM »
Got it, thank you guys for the feedback!

I was having trouble finding some Apple Wood blocks locally, so I had to grab something. I may just end up ordering online in the future...

raymillsus

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 08:16:22 AM »
Thank you for all the replies. I have not been on lately but I am recovering from an injury. I ordered the 50lb you pick um pack. I got Peach, pecan, hickory and Regular Cherry. That should last me a bit. I read that Turkey Peach, Pecan, Cherry are a great mix for Thanksgiving. I am loving this Smoker Everyone touted my BBQ before the only difference now is they Rave about it. Having a Kegerator gives me plenty of beer for the loaf pans too. :)
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Great BBQ is a passion.

JustChillin

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 09:26:35 AM »
Wow a kegerator and a smoker! That's like the perfect marriage.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

raymillsus

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 01:06:41 PM »
The Kegerator is for the Enviornment. We tend to drink some beer. So for the fact that we do not want to put more into the Landfill with the bottles and cans, the Kegerator is really the only real option. I know some of you will call bullshit on me. That is ok. Wife bought it, and that is all I really care about.
LOL
-Ray
Haymarket Va
SI #3
Great BBQ is a passion.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
Kegerator sounds good to me.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide