Author Topic: CharcoalStore.com  (Read 2750 times)

Archthomp

CharcoalStore.com
« on: July 07, 2014, 02:53:35 PM »
Just curious if anybody has used wood chunks from charcoalstore.com before?  They have a Sampler Fruit Wood Smoking Chunks 20 Pounds with 5 pounds each of Apple, Apricot, Peach and Nectarine that sounded interesting to me.  Says it can be used in electric smokers like the Cookshack, Smokin Tex or Smokeit.  Looks like it is about 2.5" chunks of wood.

Mark

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: CharcoalStore.com
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 07:29:10 PM »
Hey Mark,

I've seen them, but haven't tried them.  I use Fruitawood and Maine Grilling Woods, and have been very happy with them.  A 20# box from the charcoal store will last forever, since most of us don't use more than 6 oz ever!

I ordered a 10# sampler from Fruitawood a year ago (cherry, peach, apple) and still have a bunch left!  So, be careful about ordering too much at one time; if it's a wood you don't like, you'll never get rid of it!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Archthomp

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 02:27:10 PM »
I looked at fruitawood and all I see is the 20# cherry, peach, apple sampler.  is the 10# someplace special?

Mark

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
Hmmm.  I guess it was 20# total - my memory error.  It may have been Maine Grilling Woods that had a 10# sampler.  At any rate, you'll have it for a long time at a few ounces per smoke! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!