Author Topic: Box temp indicators just says HI  (Read 2265 times)

EzGlider

• Jeff
Box temp indicators just says HI
« on: December 08, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »
I tried to use my smoker this afternoon. Went to pre heat the box while I was doing the final prep on the meat and when I came out the smoker was making the alarm tone and the left "box" temp just said HI. I opened it and it was warm inside but nowhere near hot. Set temp was 250, and again it was nowhere near that. I shut the unit off and unplugged it to no avail. The box probe appears to be fine visually and the guard around it is in place and not in contact with the probe.

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Box temp indicators just says HI
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 05:19:39 PM »
Jeff - Double check the written instructions for the controller.   I see from other posts that you have had successes.  Make sure that once you program your temp and time or temp and temp, all other programs are at 0. 
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

EzGlider

• Jeff
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 05:45:30 PM »
I zeroed out everything except c1=250 and f=145. Got the same thing. Then I did a factory reset and got it to display the 8's fine but again the bod display would cycle between some number in the 600's and AHI in the left window

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 08:29:37 PM »
I would give Auber a call and talk with them.  They should be able to help. 
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Walt

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 05:44:40 PM »
I believe that is a factory set high temperature alarm. IIRC you can reset the high temp alarm to a higher value but you will need to look that up. Good luck.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »
Per Steve, these are the PID settings for the digital models:
Here are the pid settings we use for the models

2d
P=60
I=850
D=130

3D and 3.5d
P=60
I=800
D=150

4D
P=45
I=875
D=220

5D
P=45
I=875
D=230
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Walt

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 08:58:45 AM »
I dont think its the PID settings.  I believe its the high temp alarm setting. I recall this issue being discussed a few years ago in another post.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 10:35:38 AM »
I believe you are correct.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

EFGM

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »
Hope this perhaps will help...

ERROR MESSAGE AND TROUBLESHOOTING FOR WS/WSD PLUG-N-PLAY CONTROLLER
Version 1.0, Nov. 2015
-H-: Sensor input error. Possible reasons: Sensor probe is not plugged in; sensor probe is not plugged in to the end/firmly; sensor connector is wet; or sensor is bad.
Troubleshooting:
1. Usually, the sensor is good but it has not been plugged to the correct position. Please try to unplug it and then plug it back firmly.
2. For WSD-XXXXGPH controller, it is very unlikely that both two probes go bad at same time. To identify either your probe is bad or controller is bad, please simply swap two probes in different socket. If error message follows with probe, i.e., the probe is bad; otherwise, something wrong with the controller and please contact us for further assistance.
3. If the sensor connector had spilt with water, it may cause the controller to have “-H- ” error. For example, if you have ever washed the probes with water, or if you leave the probe outside during rainy day, you may have this issue. To solve this problem, please try to use a hair dryer to dry to the connector.

AH1: Probe 1 high limit alarm. By default, AH1 is set to 290F. So once the temperature measured by probe 1 (cabinet probe) reached over 290F, this alarm will be triggered and left display will show AH1. Built-in buzzer will be activated as well. To mute the alarm, please press “-” button once. To change the value, you can find the parameter AH1 by using access code 188 (for details, please check instruction manual).
AL1: Probe 1 low limit alarm. By default, AL1 is set to 0F (disabled). If you change AL1 to 100F, so when probe 1 (cabinet probe) temperature is lower than 100F, this alarm will be triggered and left display will show AL1. Built-in buzzer will be activated as well. To mute this alarm, press “-” button once. To change its value, you can find the parameter AL1 by using access code 188 (for details, please check instruction manual).
(For WSD-XXXXGPH) AH2: Probe 2 high limit alarm. By default, AH2 is set to 200F. So once the temperature measured by probe 2 reached 200F, this alarm will be triggered and right display will show AH2. To change its value, you can find the parameter AH2 by using access code 188 (for details, please check instruction manual).
END: If you see END on both displays, it means all the cooking stages are completed. The built-in buzzer will be activated as well. The output to the heater will be stopped. To restart the cooking stages, please turn the power switch off then on; or you can recall existing recipes.
(Right) display show decimal points: If the display (or right display for WSD- XXXXGPH) shows a number with decimal point (like 4.5, 5.8, etc), you are under timer mode. To switch to temperature reading, press “TIME” key once.
Auber Instruments,
5755 North Point Parkway, Suite 99, Alpharetta, GA 30022
E‐mail: info@auberins.com
Tel: 770‐569‐8420
www.auberins.com
Doug
Carrollton
A Briskitarian with Briskititus
#4D w/Big Red Upgrade: PG1000: Fireboard

"SMOKIN-IT CARES"