Author Topic: Quality control  (Read 2313 times)

JTumpa21

Quality control
« on: December 15, 2019, 03:43:34 PM »
Anybody else have these issues? Both mine do. I noticed it on my #2 because it leaked and then looked at my #1 and same thing. For what these cost this shouldn’t be right.
Joe from the steel city! Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Model #1 and #2

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Quality control
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 06:19:00 PM »
I've not noticed such a problem. You might want to send the photo to Steve so that he can bring it up with the factory.  Personally, if my smoker had a slight buckle in the fabrication, I would pound it as flat as I could then seal the void with JB Weld or just leave as is and fill with JB Weld. 

David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

JTumpa21

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 06:26:21 PM »
Yea I was thinking about that. I have sent the photos to Steve. I just can’t believe both mine are like that. My buddy has an older number 2 and it’s flawless. I’ve just noticed a lot of defects with mine. On top of it my my 1 came with a bad element and my 2 also has a hate gap you can see insulation and the element is badly bent.
Model #1 and #2

Lonzinomaker

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 07:31:53 PM »
I received my #1 last week and didn't find any defects with it.
Dave
Smokin-It #3 main smoker.
1400 Smokin Tex (same size as #2) for Snowbird time.
Smokin-It #1 for camping trips.
Big Chief with mailbox mod for cheese smoking
Blackstone 22in griddle with Bakerstone pizza oven
Spokane, WA

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 11:18:34 PM »
It's not the first time there have been questions about quality control.  Unfortunately, there isn't nearly enough data to make any accurate statements here on the forums.  I wouldn't be surprised for every 25-50 smokers sold where the customer is completely happy they don't even login to the forums.  On the other hand, a customer that got a defect is pretty likely to get on here and seek help and affirmation.  As such, the forums can unwittingly become the land of the misfit toys.

What I can say from personal experience and observation of the cases that come through here is that Steve is really good about taking care of problems quickly and satisfactorily.  I'd totally encourage you to hit him up through his email.  Come back and post if/how he took care of you and if you're happy so that others will have that data to work with.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

JTumpa21

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 11:25:58 AM »
Emailed him pictures the other day waiting to hear back about a resolution. Thanks
Model #1 and #2

JTumpa21

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 05:24:37 PM »
So I sent Steve some pictures of my smoker leaking down the leg. I tried figuring out where it was coming from and couldn’t. He couldn’t think of why it would be leaking there so he’s sending me a replacement and I’ll ship this one back to him. I can’t say enough about him and the customer service. Not only are these great smokers but the customer service is unbeatable! Huge shout out to Steve and the smokin it team!
Model #1 and #2

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 07:57:15 PM »
Steve is a stand up guy and knows how to take care of his customers.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus