Author Topic: New from South Jersey  (Read 5417 times)

Mike

New from South Jersey
« on: September 03, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Fairly new smoker, I had a Masterbuilt propane, but was tired of chasing the temp trying to keep at a steady 225.
Even with a new regulator.

I have a question before make the purchase? I thought I read on the forum that you can get a 3% discount by "liking" on Facebook. Does any one know if this is true? And if so how do you apply it.

I am waiting to hear from Steve or any rep.

Thanks for reading

Mike
Mike Z. Lincoln University, PA
#2 and Weber Char.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: New from South Jersey
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »
Yes, it is a 5% discount and you can get it by starting your purchase through the Social Store on the Smokin-It Facebook site:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smokin-it/182919855212905?sk=app_211311762253380

Every little bit helps. You will be very happy with the Smokin-It.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

bigbassnutt

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 05:01:22 PM »
How did I miss that there was a facebook page? lol
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 05:07:03 PM »
Seems like there is a FB page for everything now days. ;)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »
Thanks all, found it. And it's "Social Store" BLUF is $20 off of the the smoker. Now the anticipation begins...

Mike
#2 and Weber Char.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
Welcome, Mike!  Not sure where you are in South Jersey, but I am north Delaware, so perhaps not far away.   You will absolutely lover the SI smoker...easy to use and produces great Q.   I purchased a #2 back in Jan 2013 and pretty much have it running every weekend (and weekdays when I can sneak away from work!).   The forum is overloaded with good advice, tips, and lots of excellent recipes.    Be sure to check out the posts on what to do when the SI arrives, and have fun!  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 07:51:34 PM »
Welcome, Mike!  Get ready for some of the best Q you'll ever have!  Trust me, the hardest part of the whole deal is waiting for it to arrive!

Check out the posts on what to do when it arrives, and seasoning.  Let us know how we can help!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 09:59:01 PM »
The Facebook page sucks, it is old pictures and information. Social media is intended to be maintained not neglected.

Modified Sept. 5th 0107, I received a Personal Message that the above comment I made a few days ago and wish to clarify my position.

I was told, I had poor word choice and being derogatory about the company. That was not my intent. I was giving my honest opinion as to the overall presentation and marketing information on the Smokin-it Facebook page. While I did use conman vernacular plain language I was not "degrading" or "flaming" as was implied to me.

On the SI Facebook page most recent pictures and posts are over five months old. While this forum is great for those that have a SI and are using it. I believe the Facebook page is the first place after the website that people will go when trying to learn about SI, I know I did. The page appears weak, neglected and abandoned. I wish it was active where I could post or tag pics of the fine meals I make but it is not.

I still love my smoker and I still feel that page; draws in a specified direction creating a vacuum.

I will apologize for my being remiss in not welcoming Mike from South Jersey in my original post. That was an unintentional oversight. Sorry about that Mike.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:58:00 PM by Pork Belly »
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

Mike

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 08:53:19 AM »
Thanks again ordered the #2 and delivery is scheduled for Friday.  As for the Facebook, you will find it under an area marked "apps" social store.

Mike
#2 and Weber Char.

jpittssr

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »
Thanks again ordered the #2 and delivery is scheduled for Friday.
Hello Mike,
I know you will enjoy the smoker.
 I did a lot of searching before buying the model 2 and am well pleased with it. There are a few thing that can be done to improve the smoker, such as adding a Auber control and bypassing the standard controller.
I don't know that your food is any better with the mods but I like to tinker. With this mod you can get the temp above 250 if you need it.

Good smokin

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 06:52:36 PM »
Thanks again ordered the #2 and delivery is scheduled for Friday.  As for the Facebook, you will find it under an area marked "apps" social store.

Mike

Congrats, Mike!  Your "new best friend" will be at your door soon! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

es1025

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 08:57:51 PM »
Mike

Welcome from North Jersey.

About time we get another yankee smoking great Q north of the mason-dixon line.

You will love this smoker

A lot of advice and a lot of experience on this forum.

One thought, ribs are always a good 1st meal!
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

tbcop-is-smokin

• Proud Owner of Smokin-it #3
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 10:30:22 PM »
Welcome Mike...You're at a good place to learn...
Tony
Good Smokes comes from Happy Trees...
Protect Our Forest...
Vietnam Vet
Tony from Virginia...