Author Topic: Started my first dry age steaks  (Read 8482 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Started my first dry age steaks
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 09:47:20 PM »
If you do Porters again, Chris, try my suggestion of taking them to a butcher shop...easy peasy! ;)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 11:58:32 PM »
If you do Porters again, Chris, try my suggestion of taking them to a butcher shop...easy peasy! ;)

You'd have to be pretty good friends with your butcher. Most butchers would be concerned about contaminating their equipment with E Coli, Salmonella, etc., not knowing the source or history of your meat. The extra cleaning and sanitizing would not be worth it to a butcher, unless you are real pals.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 09:58:13 PM »
You'd have to be pretty good friends with your butcher. Most butchers would be concerned about contaminating their equipment with E Coli, Salmonella, etc., not knowing the source or history of your meat. The extra cleaning and sanitizing would not be worth it to a butcher, unless you are real pals.

20 bucks, under the table, makes fast friends.  ;) ;D ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!