Author Topic: Possible issue or not?  (Read 3116 times)

beckhamk

Possible issue or not?
« on: January 17, 2015, 10:45:37 AM »
Ok I have a #3, with the bypass and auber perm wall probe mounted. I seasoned the smoker for 4 hours last might using the stock controller.

This am did the auto tune of the auber - placed foil in bottom, over top of wood box. Had metal container for the water. Place all shelves and a paver brink on top shelf.  I followed the instructions to program the auber for auto tuning.  It started up and was flashing At and the box temp.  I started that around 8:30am and checked it every so often. I saw it climb up to 130 and 140 but then didn't watch after that  Then around 10:20am the auber was no longer flashing and the unit was at 130 and I let it go for awhile and it went back to 140 or so.  I then hit the + button after reading that I could check the what step it was on and it reads P1.   After more reading here I decided to see if the auber was actually done and so I followed the steps to see the PID#'s and to see if the AT value was changed from 1 to 0 and it was.  So my auber stopped flashing AT  and finished the autotune in  1 hour and 45 minutes.    My PID numbers are:   P:  76   I:  767   I:  191

I would like to know if this seems correct or if I should do a factory reset and do it over again?  I was expecting this to take 4 hours.

Walt

Re: Possible issue or not?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 11:05:16 AM »
Your good to go.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

beckhamk

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 11:12:18 AM »
Thanks Walt!   I wish I watched it some more to see it go up to 225. I just didn't imaging it would complete that fast lol.

Thanks for the confirmation!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 11:21:17 AM »
Thanks Walt!   I wish I watched it some more to see it go up to 225. I just didn't imaging it would complete that fast lol.

Thanks for the confirmation!
I think we all expect the Auber screen to roll through everything we programmed during the AT.  In my case, I did watch the entire thing and it never registered anything higher than 140.  We should get a definitive statement that we shouldn't expect to all the temps. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Walt

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 01:58:35 PM »
In my case the AT took right @ 2 hours finishing @ 140.
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:44 PM »
Your #s look in-line, and the timing's OK, too.  I've had autotunes take an hour, and some take 3-4.  Just depends on ambient temp, and the setup, on how fast the Auber calculates the changes and corrects for them, I guess.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!