Author Topic: James Jerky Dryer question  (Read 4309 times)

Tar54

James Jerky Dryer question
« on: August 16, 2017, 09:47:11 PM »
Is there a on/off switch? If not this one is not working right out of the box...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:28:11 AM by NDKoze »
Rick from Central Indiana
Smokin-It 2D...residing at my sons new home along with his soon to be Bride!
No.1 Analog with Fireboard controller

Tar54

Re: Jamea Jerky Dryer question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »
Is there a on/off switch? If not this one is not working right out of the box...
Never mind...the red wire is loose....needs resoldered....thats real nice for a brand new product
Rick from Central Indiana
Smokin-It 2D...residing at my sons new home along with his soon to be Bride!
No.1 Analog with Fireboard controller

allmann

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:28:20 PM »
Mine came the same way, I was a little disapointed
Kevin
Lacey NJ

Durangosmoker

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
Mine too, and couldn't be resoldered, had to be replaced
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »
Noted. 
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 12:55:02 PM »
I bought one a while back and have never used it yet... never even plugged it in.  I suppose I better get it tested while I can still ask for a warranty replacement, if needed.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

Stevegardner

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2019, 11:37:09 PM »
Was getting ready to order one of these jerky dryers. Multiple posts where they need to be repaired. I am sure the service and warranty is top notch, would rather not have to worry about that. I was researching dryers and read at least ten posts where they were needing repair. Not wanting to deal with soldering, sending items back, etc.
Anybody know of an alternate site where these are sold?

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 09:04:56 AM »
Was getting ready to order one of these jerky dryers. Multiple posts where they need to be repaired. I am sure the service and warranty is top notch, would rather not have to worry about that. I was researching dryers and read at least ten posts where they were needing repair. Not wanting to deal with soldering, sending items back, etc.
Anybody know of an alternate site where these are sold?

Ironically, I just finally used mine for the first time last weekend and it worked like a champ.  There were a couple posts in a row from some folks who had an issue out of the box, but I've not seen one in a while now.

It's always good to remember that you're going to have a microcosm here on the forums.  If something does go wrong, as occasionally happens, there's a good chance you'll hear about it here.  It's a far lower chance that you'll hear about it if it goes right.  I used to do tech support for a software company that was wildly successful.  There were days I'd go home and have to remind myself that our product really wasn't a broken piece of junk... I just got to talk to everyone who did have problems.  :)

There's 3311 registered users here with only 290 that have made 20 or more posts, 467 that have made more than 10 posts, and only 142 that have made 50 or more posts.  I don't see the data on the site to say how many users have posted in the past 30 days, but I'm willing to bet it's fewer than 100.

Anyway... it's a long way to say that you could get a lemon even if there were dozens places to buy from, but you're unlikely to get post-sale support like what I've consistently seen provided by SI.  I'd personally recommend buying from SI and anticipate that everything is going to work out fine.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: James Jerky Dryer question
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 10:50:42 AM »
I believe Steve took care of the quality control issue with the factory.   You should have no problems. Always a chance of a lemon so if you have concerns it is understandable.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus