Author Topic: Fattie... first smoke in Model 3  (Read 3747 times)

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
Fattie... first smoke in Model 3
« on: September 08, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
This is my very first smoke in my Model 3... Since discovering the fattie I've decided that this is my favorite thing to have with my breakfast...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:11:54 PM by Jerz »
Why reinvent the wheel?  Get yer smoke on....
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D

BIG BOB

Re: Fattie... first smoke in Model 3
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »
wow..... great fattie. 
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »
Jerz,

Great fattie, looks great. What temp did you set at, what type of wood and how much.  Did you aim for a specific internal temp?
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 08:51:48 AM »
Thanks smokester... I just realized I posted this in 'beef' and a fattie goes 'oink' not 'moo'... guess my mind was on beef after my marathon brisket smoke the other night....

I used 6oz of apple wood and set the dial to 225 until I was at an Internal temperature of 165 and then crisped the bacon in the broiler for a couple minutes... make sure you watch it though since it's easy to over do it.

ALSO:  It's a good idea to chill the peppers and onions PRIOR to putting on the flattened sausage because if you don't... things can get gooey.  AND I kept the bacon weave and the flatten sausage in the fridge until I was ready to use it and after everything was rolled I put it in the freezer to firm up.

My son and brother absolutely love it... Just keep in the fridge and cut a couple slices off for breakfast; absolute heaven.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:01:48 AM by Jerz »
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:56:08 AM »
Mods... I apologize but can you move this to wherever it needs to go?  (not sure if pork recipes or Model 3) 

Thanks!!

It was a LONG night sleeping on the sofa next to the smokin-it the other night.

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »
Jerz,

Thanks for the feedback as you provided a few points to consider when I make my first Fattie. 

And I don't consider sleeping next to the smoker as a bad thing.  It's like having a great dream, then waking up to realize it's real!!!
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It