Author Topic: Twice smoked ham  (Read 1072 times)

lcdearman

Twice smoked ham
« on: December 24, 2021, 08:51:03 AM »
Due to family availability, Christmas came early for us this year. I smoked a pre-cooked spiral cut ham. I used 3.2 oz of cherry split into 2 blocks in my #2 analog + Auber. The ham was 12.2 lbs and my intended smoke profile was 150* for 30 minutes, 225* until ham hit 135*, then glaze the ham and continue at 225* until the ham reached 145*. I put the temp probe in the upper unsliced portion of the ham and put the ham cut end down as high in the smoker as I could. At 3 hours the ham was at 125*, so I went ahead and glazed it, put it in a foil pan, and bumped the smoker up to 275*. I pulled it out 30 minutes later because it was time to eat. Man, was it good! I may cut back on the wood next time, but that is the way to heat one of those spiral cut hams!

The first picture is at the start of the cook, the second is after glazing and returning for the last 30 minutes. Sorry, we were in too big of a hurry to eat so I didn't get a final picture. The ham was plenty warm through and through. In the future I may just go by time instead of temperature.
Clay from Taylor, TX
SI #2 with Auber AW-ST1510H-W
Weber Spirit II
Orion Cooker

pargolfr2003

Re: Twice smoked ham
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 07:05:19 AM »
Nice job! I do this a couple times a year. Definitely the way to go
Tim D
Fayetteville, NC
My Tool Kit:
Smokin It #2