Author Topic: 24 butts in July ... that's a record for me ... and I'm tired :)  (Read 446 times)

jpowell

• facebook
Between July 4th, an all-staff party, and a men's cookout at church ... I've done 24 9-10lb butts in my 3D in the month of July. That's a record for me ... and one I'd rather not repeat without upgrading to a bigger model :-)
Props to my good old 3D though ... 5yrs since purchase and it still doesn't miss a beat!
Jason
SI 3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4-6-16
IT Guy
Autocross and track day junkie
Northern Indiana

mike1910

Re: 24 butts in July ... that's a record for me ... and I'm tired :)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 12:03:15 PM »
Now thatís one impressive run!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

LarryD

• 3DW - San Jose, CA
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 04:52:52 PM »
What's the most you've done at one time?  I did six and then realized I needed a much larger drain pan.  :)  I think 8 would be possible, but not sure.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

jpowell

• facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »
What's the most you've done at one time?  I did six and then realized I needed a much larger drain pan.  :)  I think 8 would be possible, but not sure.
I've only done 4 max at a time since I use foil pans and need a little more space at the top than the current rack config allows. Do you have any issues with the lowest butts getting hammered from the fire box being that close? Pic of my setup that lets me do 4 in pans (upload isn't working so here's a link https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6vpAFScGA5zTfRh9
Jason
SI 3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4-6-16
IT Guy
Autocross and track day junkie
Northern Indiana

barelfly

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »
Ha! I donít think Iíve done 24 total in the time Iíve owned my 3D! Thatís crankiní out some butt!

Iím guessing everyone enjoyed them! :)
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear