Author Topic: Cleanup  (Read 1714 times)

Jhrol2862

Cleanup
« on: October 17, 2020, 11:28:13 AM »
I just purchased a 4D WiFi.  What is recommended for after cook clean-up on the outside and inside of the smoker.  I want to keep this smoker as clean as possible.  Thanks in advance.  John
John from Indiana

smokeasaurus

Re: Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 05:23:22 PM »
Clean your cooking grate

Dump the ash from the smoke box

Change the foil on the bottom of the smoker and the foil from the top of the smoke box

Do not clean the inside walls of the smoker (that is flavor my friend)

Use a good stainless steel cleaner on the outside  ( I only use spray way ss cleaner )

If I go a spell between smokes I hold off on the foil and I leave the door cracked for fresh air to circulate through the smoker
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 05:31:16 PM »
I don't disagree with anything smokeasaurus said.  When the top and sides start to get flaky, I use an old putty knife to gently knock off just the loose stuff.  I usually do that before I remove the foil in the bottom of the smoker so that I can then just pull that all out with the foil and easily toss it.  If I get a buildup of grease that has made its way under the foil then I just use the same putty knife to gather it up and toss it out.  I've never used any kind of cleaner inside the smoker. 
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

barelfly

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2020, 10:02:07 PM »
For the grates, I put them on my gasser after 2-3 cooks and burn off the crud and scrape. It’s been an easy way to clean them for me.

And as the others above said, nothing inside, accept for paper towel on the bottom after I remove the foil. I always have grease left over even with the foil, but it’s a quick clean.

Enjoy that big ol 4D!!!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

Jhrol2862

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 08:27:23 PM »
Thanks everyone.  It sounds like low cleaning maintenance on the inside although I don’t want a huge buildup.  Sounds like I just need to remove any grease and flaking I see.  What is recommended for a stainless steel cleaner?
John from Indiana

smokeasaurus

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 10:18:25 AM »
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

Jhrol2862