Author Topic: 3 Butt Night....  (Read 1913 times)

mike1910

3 Butt Night....
« on: July 10, 2020, 11:10:56 PM »
Just put 3 butts in the #3 for the evening. They’re all in the 9 Lb. range. They took a 24 hour brine bath and are going along at 230 degrees with about 6 oz of cherry wood. Looking to grab a solid 7 hours of sleep and we’ll see where we’re at in the morning. Lazy-Q at its finest. Pics to follow, cheers to a fine weekend!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

LarryD

• 3DW
Re: 3 Butt Night....
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 03:20:44 AM »
I just did four at one time in my 3DW last weekend...  One of these days I'm going to do eight.  :)  Pulling the pork is so very easy though... I can't imagine what kind of abomination requires using those claws one can buy.  I also just ordered a new drip pan...  I dumped the existing pan before going to bed and in the morning it was completely full.  A deeper pan needs to be stock on the 3 series as the existing pan is simply too small for its capacity.

------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

barelfly

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 06:01:43 AM »
Enjoy those butts!

Larry - where did you order the pan? From here, on SI? I guess i haven’t looked to see if they have a deeper pan. Most of the time i don’t need it, but the few times I have cooked multiple briskets or butts it would be great!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear

mike1910

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 11:21:13 AM »
Just over an hour a pound to get done. These butts flew through the stall. Off to the cooler for a couple hour nap.
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 12:08:46 PM »
Larry - where did you order the pan? From here, on SI? I guess i haven’t looked to see if they have a deeper pan. Most of the time i don’t need it, but the few times I have cooked multiple briskets or butts it would be great!

I remembered someone else had already done all of the homework and posted the link on here, so I just grabbed the same one.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OJHXG2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 12:10:09 PM »
Just over an hour a pound to get done. These butts flew through the stall. Off to the cooler for a couple hour nap.

They look good...  what kind of seasoning did you use? 

mike1910

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 04:04:02 PM »
Thanks, Larry! I used a basic salt, pepper, garlic blend along with a smokehouse seasoning that my dad uses at his meat shop. I Mix them both together and toss it on.
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

barelfly

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 05:54:27 PM »
Mike those look wonderful! Great color on them!

Enjoy those! What’s the plan? Just to pull or going to do something with them? And what kind of sides? I always enjoy getting to hear how everyone serves and what goes with!
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

barelfly

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OJHXG2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

EXCELLENT! Thank you for the link, Larry!
I remembered someone else had already done all of the homework and posted the link on here, so I just grabbed the same one.

And, you got the 4” pan?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:03:46 PM by barelfly »
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q

mike1910

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »
Jeremy- This batch is actually going to be vaccum sealed and for the freezer. My sister is expecting a baby any time she and her husband asked if I’d smoke one for them for easy meals. Then my folks caught wind of it and asked if I’d do one for them too. So I ended up doing 3, one for each of us, pretty much all for the freezer. However, we all snuck a quick pulled pork sandwich before sealing them all up!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3