Author Topic: Another newbie from MI  (Read 5815 times)

Punker X

Re: Another newbie from MI
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »
Measured 2.8 oz of wood and cooked for 4 hours. Next time upping to 3.5 oz and 4 1/2 or 5 hours.
Mike
Flint, MI

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 06:33:18 PM »
Hey Mike, I have my 2nd rack of ribs getting happy in the fridge. I cooked mine at 235 for 5 hours. Pulled them and put some sauce on them and back in for 30 min. Pulled out and they were really good. Also you might want to pull the membrane off the back of the ribs. Divotmaker has great idea on easy way to do this. I too have the Little Guy and he does have a serious attitude.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 09:33:12 PM »
Divotmaker has great idea on easy way to do this. I too have the Little Guy and he does have a serious attitude.

I got the "middle out" technique from the Jeff Phillips site - works great!  And yes, the "Little Guy" is like the wolverine of SIs!  He's small, but quite the formidable warrior! ;)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:35:01 PM by DivotMaker »
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!