Author Topic: Linguica is on  (Read 4033 times)

McKay

Linguica is on
« on: November 15, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »
First attempt, my Portagee wife liked the pre-smoked sample. Shes been smoking for a few hours.

foodeefish

Re: Linguica is on
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 07:53:23 PM »
No recipe??? :(

McKay

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 08:43:50 PM »

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 01:14:03 PM »
That looks pretty good. What is your smoking plan? Where are you at on time and temp, what wood are you using. Is the jerky fan going for the entire smoke?

I'm looking forward to the finished pics, please post one of a cut link showing the cross section.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

McKay

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 04:58:25 PM »
That looks pretty good. What is your smoking plan? Where are you at on time and temp, what wood are you using. Is the jerky fan going for the entire smoke?

I'm looking forward to the finished pics, please post one of a cut link showing the cross section.

Jerky fan on at 100F for about an hour to dry off the casings, then removed fan, turned up to 185 and added some hickory and peach. Took it to IT of 140 then into fridge on wire racks for the night.

Had some for breakfast this morning after checking PH. It came out very nice except too smoky, hoping that will calm after a couple days. I use imported Spanish smoked paprika and that adds to the smoke intensity.

Very happy so far, I think it needs a touch more sweetness and a bit more fat.

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 10:39:32 AM »
Looks really good!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

McKay

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
Thank you, Had my daughter help me stuff the hog casings, she refused to try the finished product after she realized what we were doing  :-X

Told her that a shame because she loves Linguica and all we ever buy pre-packed comes in natural casings as well!