Author Topic: Sasha Flavor Savor  (Read 2691 times)

Jumanji

Sasha Flavor Savor
« on: December 13, 2016, 09:47:21 AM »
Got one of these as a cyber bonus with my 3D.  As I wasn't really sure about how to use, for first smoke, did baby back ribs and instead used recommended aluminum loaf pan placed next to the wood box.  That worked fine, and tossing the pan afterwards was easier than cleaning. 

So since I own the Sasha Flavor Savor, can someone tell me how exactly is it supposed to be used?  The foil pan instructions were to place against the box, so that it would heat the liquid (I suspect).  Do you hang the Flavor Savor over the top of the box, so it sits in the rising heat?  It has hooks for hanging.  Or just put it in the bottom and lean against the box.

Almost all of our smokes are one-rack affairs.  In my first smoke, I put the rack about midheight in the smoker.  Somewhere else I read higher is better.  If the Flavor Savor hangs from the bottom of a upper rack, not sure it is going to do any good?

Yeah, I'm a Newbie!
Michael from Port Aransas, Texas
Smokin-It 3D

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Sasha Flavor Savor
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »
I think I would make a planter out of it. ;)

Truly, I would not bother with it because the disposable mini-loaf tins are so convenient. I don't want another vessel to clean after my smoke which goes against the "Lazy-Q" lifestyle that so many of us enjoy and strive for.

My 2ยข anyway. :)
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:08:20 AM »
+1    ;D
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 07:23:38 PM »
+2!  Disposable is the way to go...metal pans get really nasty, after a few smokes.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!