Author Topic: Smoked cabbage  (Read 3069 times)

JustChillin

Smoked cabbage
« on: August 08, 2017, 03:00:01 PM »
I just put a head of cabbage in the smoker for 3 hours at 225. I cored the cabbage, stuffed it with butter & garlic cloves, then poured a mixture of "Bone Suckin Sauce (Hot)" and butter on the outside. I forgot to take a photo before putting it on but will hopefully remember to take one when it done.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

Jimeo

Re: Smoked cabbage
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:15:11 PM »
Did one at the beach, my sister who is vegan thought of it.  Think she said she mixed some spread (butter) with salt, pepper, a little rub and soy, and filled the cavity where the stem was taken out.  Loosely wrapped in foil with the top exposed.  Can't really remember time and temp, beers had been flowing...
Really good, everyone enjoyed it.
Jim in Marietta Georgia
SI#2
Weber Genesis E-310

JustChillin

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »
It looks good Jim. I made a rolled foil base to hold it upright and put it in a foil container to eliminate any mess. I will let you know if it works. I try vegetarian options sometimes just in case it's needed. My daughter, niece and nephew are vegetarians. We also have a close friend that is vegan. Show me the beef/meat.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 02:18:16 PM »
I've done cabbage on the grill many times...  cut it in quarters, season with soy, garlic, and ginger, and wrap in foil.  It really comes out nice...  will definitely have to try in the SI.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...