Author Topic: 2016 Reviews  (Read 3696 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
2016 Reviews
« on: January 20, 2016, 11:25:09 PM »
Well no comment, but at least its on the list

http://bbq.about.com/od/electricsmokers/tp/Top-10-Electric-Smokers.htm

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: 2016 Reviews
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 12:33:36 AM »
Curious what was meant by the last sentence in the review. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

Grampy

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 06:50:16 AM »
All I can say is they got it wrong. I have owned a few of the "other" smokers on the list that they have ranked higher than the SI and they are not nearly as good as my SI#2.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 10:19:29 AM »
Maybe 'cause it wasn't the digital version? 
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:29:06 PM »
Yeah, that last line threw me off too Dave.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

coachB

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »
Also strange that when I clicked on link for the full review it was the Smokin-Tex 1500 that came up.  No full review of the SI-2??????????
Bill from Myrtle Beach SC

mizzoufan

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 08:29:16 AM »
welcome to the world of "professional" critics.  Generally they have not tried the products and higher price must equal better quality.
Steven from KCMO

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
The review certainly was not comparing apples to apples.  The CS Amerique is out of date by several years.  The SI 2 is smaller than the ST 1500. As for the last statement, both the CS and ST models cost more and are larger and all three are heads and shoulders above the rest of the smokers. If the review had pitted the SI3 against the ST1500 SI would win. As for no review of the SI2, it can stand on it's own merits against anything out there.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

RG

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 11:40:37 AM »
Well said Sarge! It's just one person's opinion and you know what they say about those ;)
Jason from Conyers GA

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »
RG - I am with you on the opinion. As for reviews, the best ones come from actual owners/users. Posting on other forums (especially the one dominated by MES owners) and touting the benefits of SI such as reliability, ease of use, quality, price etc. can keep a lot of folks from making a bad decision on what to buy. And it lures more people to the SI forum, which means more SI owners, which is a plus for all.  Dave
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

kz0m

• Carl
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2016, 06:18:11 PM »
Like the Cookshack or Smokin' Tex smokers, the Smokin-It smokers are stainless steel box electric smokers. With a dual layer box separated by fiberglass insulation, this is an efficient little smoker that is easy to use and reasonably priced. Of all the stainless steel box smokers, this is the least expensive and a good value but might not give you what the more expensive will,.....Like What???  Very subjective!  Yes, least expensive of all the stainless steel units.....it doesn't say "the cheapest". The big Chief ahead of the SI #2, ya, that makes sense ;-))
Carl-D/FW area of Texas.  Model #3D on top of Sears Craftsman tool cart.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 07:20:51 PM »
What a bunch of hooey.  Hey, I read it on the internet, so it must be true!  Bonjour! ;D ;D

The "experts" that put out this crap should be ashamed of themselves.  I guarantee whoever wrote this doesn't know the difference between a pork butt and a pig knuckle.  Sad thing is, the people who read this, and don't know better, think this is "credible."  Too bad for them.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!