Author Topic: 1994 Jeep Wrangler "YJ" Refresh (not quite a restoration) - VERY PIC HEAVY -  (Read 3228 times)

RG

I've been a way a while so what better way to come back than with a ton of pictures! My Wife has wanted a Jeep for a LONG TIME so as a somewhat early Christmas gift, I bought her an old girl, a '94 with 133,000 miles on it. She has low miles for her age and doesn't leak a drop of anything. The undercarriage is spotless and the only rust spot I found on her was on the windshield but I think it may be a stain from the old wiper arm, it's on the "to do" list.

Now, she was a little rough around the edges mind you but I saw potential. She's got new tires and wheels courtesy of a 2006 Jeep and a new Bestop Supertop soft top. There's some paint issues and some dings and dents here and there but she's an old girl and a Jeep at that so it's expected. I, in time, may get to the outside but first on the list was the interior. It needed some TLC, so I gave it some ;)

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and have been ordering goodies for it here and there and working on it a little each day when time allowed. In these pictures you'll see it from the day my Wife pulled up in the driveway in it, then it's first wash and then the deconstruction and the make over.

Here's what was bought to either add or replace :

1) New Wiper Arms & Blades
2) New Door Panels
3) New Door Handles
4) New Door Pulls
5) New Door Soft Top inserts
6) New Kenwood Stereo w/ Bluetooth, iHeart Radio, XM, Pandora, etc...
7) New Kicker Dash Speakers
8 ) New Console
9) Neoprene Seat Covers
10) New Carpet
11) Kenwood Amplifier (Pulled out of my Son's last Mustang)
12) Kenwood Sub Woofer (Pulled out of my Son's last Mustang)
13) New Shift Knob
14) New 4x4 Shift Knob
15) New Bestop Sport Bar Covers
16) New Grab Bars for entering Jeep
17) New Drink Holders
18) Running Boards (Nerf Bars)
19) Steering Wheel Cover
20) Glove Box Door (Not arrived yet)
21) Rubber Floor Mats (Not arrived yet)
22) New Hood Latches (Not installed yet)
23) New tailgate bar (it was missing)
24) New 6 Speaker Soundbar w/ Dome Lights
25) Door Sill Entry Guards (not installed yet)
26) Lighted Amplifier Turn Off/On Button in Dash (For when she's not "All About That Bass")
27) New Visors
I think that's about it, lol. There may be somethings I forgot about.

So, for the adventurous, here's a buttload of pics :P  Some are not so great but you get the idea

« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 07:59:56 PM by RG 2.0 »
Jason from Conyers GA

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
Nicely done Jason! You undoubtedly earned some points for that one.  :)
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

smokeasaurus

Nice. We love our Wrangler. Yours is cool  8)
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

RG

Thanks guys! I have to say that I am not typically a Jeep guy, no offense to anyone intended but I am not a Chrysler fan in the slightest. I am a Ford guy but if you want a Jeep, then there's only one! With that said, I really do like this one. It'll be a putt around town vehicle for my wife. It will never be offroad so in theory it should last her a while. It was fun working on it, nice little project.

I have been thinking about buying an old E100 Van with a 302 in it and making a cool little toy out of it. I love those old vans, those short wheel bases and snub noses. Time will tell. For now, it's all about Jeepin' lol.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 09:18:55 PM by RG 2.0 »
Jason from Conyers GA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
No gun rack???  ;)   Seriously nice job, Sir!  Very cool!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

RG

Hmmm...gun rack..... ;D

That reminds me, I need to update that thread with my latest acquisitions!
Jason from Conyers GA

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
Square headlamp Jeep

>:(

:-\

Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

RG

Yeah, square headlamps. It is what it is. It doesn't bother me so much, it's what they did in those days. I don't know why, round is their trademark. It's a quick way to identify the YJs though!
Jason from Conyers GA