Author Topic: 2015 Article SMOKE  (Read 2610 times)

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
2015 Article SMOKE
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
Seems like smoke is on the rise.

http://barbecuebible.com/2015/01/02/raichlen-predictions-bbq-trends-2015/
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Re: 2015 Article SMOKE
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:52:23 PM »
On the subject of smoked, meaty beef ribs, people love'em but either can't find them or don't want to pay the $12 - $15/pound for them. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »
I can regularly find ribs. But they are usually way more bone than meat. So, it is hard to justify the cost.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:15:52 PM »
I'd love to find beef ribs that looked like the ones in that article!  Wow!! ???
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 09:27:29 PM »
I'd love to find beef ribs that looked like the ones in that article!  Wow!! ???
I think the only feasible solution is to start big and cut our own.  It would help justify feeling like we spent the money for the roast and got the ribs for free.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 09:49:59 PM »
I think the only feasible solution is to start big and cut our own.  It would help justify feeling like we spent the money for the roast and got the ribs for free.

Had some great ribs on the bottom of the last prime rib I did, but weren't very meaty - I cut them close to the bone to preserve all that great meat for the prime rib!  Maybe those come from a different part of the beef rib?  I don't know much about the rib sections on cows, just pork.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!