Author Topic: Has anyone used this company  (Read 9084 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Re: Has anyone used this company
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 11:58:09 AM »
OK so you went with the single filet. I was leaning towards the double and not having to split them. Seems like I read somewhere on this site can purchase an electrician chisel to split wood with.

Bill,

Head over to Homedepot and pickup a Mayhew 2-3/4 in. x 9 in. Guardian Handguard Electrician Chisel. Cost is about $11.00 and it works great on chunks. Also it had a nice round piece or rubber that protects your hands!

Here is the link so you can see the photo.

Greg

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »
Thanks Greg, also headed out to pick up some hardware cloth 1/8 in. to make some grills for smoking almonds. Was going to use 1/4 in. but afraid the almonds would slip thru the holes.  Should be pretty simple, just make a square the same size 12 x 13 in. and then cut the cloth and solder to the frame. I also might put a bar down the middle. Going to use 3/16 or 1/4 inch galvanized steel for the frame. Wish me luck.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 01:17:44 PM »
Thanks Greg, also headed out to pick up some hardware cloth 1/8 in. to make some grills for smoking almonds. Was going to use 1/4 in. but afraid the almonds would slip thru the holes.  Should be pretty simple, just make a square the same size 12 x 13 in. and then cut the cloth and solder to the frame. I also might put a bar down the middle. Going to use 3/16 or 1/4 inch galvanized steel for the frame. Wish me luck.

Best of luck, less us know how you almond smoke goes!.

Greg

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2015, 02:58:01 PM »
Almonds are on the way, heading out to get the hardware cloth. Hopefully they will have the steel bars to create the frame. If not will find it on the Internet, after completed will post pictures. And when I do the Almonds will post instructions...
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri