Author Topic: Hello from Central FL  (Read 4232 times)

UFG8r

Hello from Central FL
« on: September 12, 2013, 08:43:58 PM »
Well I finally did it.  Been looking at these smokers and this forum for the last 6 months but finally pulled the trigger on a #3 earlier this week and I think it should be here tomorrow (that is what FedEx is telling me tonight). Debated between the #2 and the #3 and decided on the #3 as we have friends and family over a lot during the football season.  Also went ahead and bought the ET-732 thermometer since many of you recommended it.

I live in the Orlando area and I am a native Floridian (not many of us here anymore).  As you can tell from my username I am a Gator fan - spent 6 great years in Gainesville.    I grill a lot but I am new to smoking although I have always loved to eat Q. 

Well I appreciate the info everyone has posted on here.  I look forward to learning from all the posts, using the recipes and posting some pics.

Go Gators!
Will from FL

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
Re: Hello from Central FL
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »
Welcome Will!  I grew up in Panama City and went to college in Pensacola so I understand the sorry state of Sunshine State 'Q (though I do have a soft spot in my heart for Sonny's BBQ).

Having owned the #3 for half a year, I'll give you any info or tips I can, as will the rest of the regulars on the board.

Congrats on your purchase, I guarantee you'll love it!
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:05:36 PM »
Hi Will,

Welcome to the club and congratulations.  I also purchased the #3 and T-732 and my decision was based on posts within the forum.  I also did a lot of research and I am extremely happy with my smoker.  You made the right choice and you definitely won't regret it.

Happy Smokin It!
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

bighoss

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 06:56:26 AM »
welcome everybody has been good help to me also as i just ordered the model1 and iam also from florida i live in lakeland

BIG BOB

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 07:22:42 AM »
Welcome Will... you will be happy with your investment. keep us in the loop on your smokes.
B-EE-RR-UN BEERRUN!

Bob from New Castle, IN.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »
Welcome to the "cool kids club" Will!  You'll have lots of fun with your new #3!  As I'm sure you're aware, if you've watched us for 6 months, we're here to help each other!  Let us know how we can help, and be sure to share your experiences & ideas!  We love new ideas!! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Etex

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »
So far, I am liking my #3.  The hardest part about using them is deciding what to cook next.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 08:00:41 PM »
So far, I am liking my #3.  The hardest part about using them is deciding what to cook next.

Hehe...excellent point, Etex!  Possibilities are limitless! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Smokster

• Model #3 Owner
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 11:54:05 PM »
Etex,

There are no bad choices, it's all trial and error as everyone's tastes are different.  These forums have some great posts with great ideas to get you started with some successful and proven recipes and concepts.  Once you get more comfortable, you can be more creative.  Just remember to post your your attempts and feedback.
Tony from Toronto
Smokin It and Lovin It

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
Welcome from Arizona.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill