Author Topic: Sydney Camper Smoker  (Read 1781 times)

Boone

Sydney Camper Smoker
« on: April 20, 2022, 04:45:23 PM »
We have been doing a lot of traveling the last few years and would like a smoker to take along on our travels in our motorhome. I've used the #2 for several years at our home and was well pleased with it but it is too heavy for me to take along and it's only the two of us. This Sydney Camper Smoker seems to be just what I might like. Anyone have any thoughts on this smoker? I assume it is big enough to fit an 8# pork butt and my pulled pork is always a big hit with everyone. My pork butts never turn out the same in any other smoker.

Anyone have any comments on this smoker?
Dan from Wisconsin
Smokin-It #2, Auber PID
Weber Smokey Mountain
Weber Kettle Grills
Blackstone Flat-Top Griddle

old sarge

• Global Moderator
Re: Sydney Camper Smoker
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 09:19:44 PM »
I cannot recall any posts about people having purchased and used the Sydney. Will be interesting to read the comments.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Porkchop

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2023, 06:45:00 AM »
We have been doing a lot of traveling the last few years and would like a smoker to take along on our travels in our motorhome. I've used the #2 for several years at our home and was well pleased with it but it is too heavy for me to take along and it's only the two of us. This Sydney Camper Smoker seems to be just what I might like. Anyone have any thoughts on this smoker? I assume it is big enough to fit an 8# pork butt and my pulled pork is always a big hit with everyone. My pork butts never turn out the same in any other smoker.

Anyone have any comments on this smoker?

I know this is an old post, but for people running across this in the future: I just did a 9 pound butt and it fit fine, next time I’ll try a 10-12 pounder. It was my first cook on this smoker. I was concerned it may struggle due to the size of the heating element vs 9 pound of cold meat. It was no struggle at all, took about 40 minutes to come up to temp and held it +/-10° as it should. Cooked at about an hour a pound. This little smoker did its job fine.

My butt on the other hand wasn’t my best, this was more of a test of the capability of the smoker so I didn’t take the time to brine and properly season it. I’ll just make pulled pork and add a little more BBQ sauce and it will be fine.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 06:47:10 AM by Porkchop »

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 10:16:06 AM »
Pulled pork sandwiches are great! Congrats on the smoke.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus