Author Topic: 24 butts in July ... that's a record for me ... and I'm tired :)  (Read 1452 times)

jpowell

• facebook
Between July 4th, an all-staff party, and a men's cookout at church ... I've done 24 9-10lb butts in my 3D in the month of July. That's a record for me ... and one I'd rather not repeat without upgrading to a bigger model :-)
Props to my good old 3D though ... 5yrs since purchase and it still doesn't miss a beat!
Jason
>3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4/16
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Autocross and track day junkie
>Far Northern Indiana

mike1910

Re: 24 butts in July ... that's a record for me ... and I'm tired :)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 12:03:15 PM »
Now that’s one impressive run!
Mike from NE Minnesota
SI #3

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 04:52:52 PM »
What's the most you've done at one time?  I did six and then realized I needed a much larger drain pan.  :)  I think 8 would be possible, but not sure.
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

jpowell

• facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 06:30:01 PM »
What's the most you've done at one time?  I did six and then realized I needed a much larger drain pan.  :)  I think 8 would be possible, but not sure.
I've only done 4 max at a time since I use foil pans and need a little more space at the top than the current rack config allows. Do you have any issues with the lowest butts getting hammered from the fire box being that close? Pic of my setup that lets me do 4 in pans (upload isn't working so here's a link https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6vpAFScGA5zTfRh9
Jason
>3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4/16
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Autocross and track day junkie
>Far Northern Indiana

barelfly

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »
Ha! I don’t think I’ve done 24 total in the time I’ve owned my 3D! That’s crankin’ out some butt!

I’m guessing everyone enjoyed them! :)
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear