Author Topic: chip size from smokinlicious  (Read 1369 times)

PhilH

chip size from smokinlicious
« on: January 24, 2021, 04:32:10 PM »
i just cold smoked some canadian bacon using weber pellets, and i agree that the smell of the smoke was not pleasant.  i see on the smokin-it website that it says you can use chips or pellets.  i have contacted smokinlicious for their opinion. 

they have 3 sizes of chips called minuto.  3/16 in (4.75mm) 1/8 in (3.18mm)  & 3/32 in (2.38mm)

they also have 2 sizes i just cold smoked some canadian bacon using weber pellets, and i agree that the smell of the smoke was not pleasant.  i see on the smokin-it website that it says you can use chips or pellets.  i have contacted smokinlicious for their opinion. 

they have 3 sizes of chips called minuto.  3/16 in (4.75mm) 1/8 in (3.18mm)  & 3/32 in (2.38mm)

they also have 2 sizes of chips called Piccolo, 5/64 in (2mm) & 1/16 in (1.5mm)

i’m sure that one of these options will work just as good as pellets and have a much better flavor. of chips called Piccolo, 5/64 in (2mm) & 1/16 in (1.5mm)

i’m sure that one of these options will work just as good as pellets and have a much better flavor.

P.S.    It has been several weeks and i have not heard back from smokinlicious, they have a good product but not great customer service apparently

Also i would think that smokin-it would have tested various chips for the cold smoker, and would be promoting which ones work best in their cold smoker, so they can get good press or reviews, and sell more cold smokers, but i don’t see that anywhere either, sad.

I will prob just order some and try it out.
Phillip   Ramsey MN

Glock_21

Re: chip size from smokinlicious
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 06:12:42 PM »
That's very odd.  I have always had great service and response from Smokinlicious.

How did you contact them?  If email, have you checked your spam or promotions folders?

Travis from North Central Oklahoma
SI #3 with Bella Smoke Generator, Traeger Texas Grill, Kamado Joe Classic 3 and Joe Jr, Anova WiFi 900 watt

PhilH

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 06:20:14 AM »
email, and facebook.  Thanks for the response.  I have not seen a lot of action on this forum lately.
Phillip   Ramsey MN

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 07:14:46 PM »
PhilH - Weekends seem to be the busiest. Right now there are 52 visitors and 2 members on line (stats at the bottom of the Home Screen). The weekends seem to be busiest.  With the virus and many folks not working, or working sporadically, times are  financially tough so not too many new folks joining and asking questions or buying and asking for advice.

Regarding you dilemma with the products from smokinlicious, that is very unfortunate. Keep trying to contact them.  They may be having some difficulties.  A lot of businesses have gone telework, some people ill, etc.  They are usually very responsive.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

barelfly

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »
I haven’t purchased from Smokinlicious in a few years, I bought a box and got one from my dad for Christmas around the same time. But I do need to order as I’m about out. But when i was asking them questions the first order I made, they were very responsive.

I actually think the board as picked up a bit compared to what it was for a while. A number of new members have joined over the year, but perhaps it’s cold out and many are not smoking right now. I know the east coast is dealing with snow and up north it’s brutally cold out.
Jeremy in NM
3D for lazy q
Bullet 4 burner gasser by Bull Grills
Weber Kettle with a Slow n Sear