Author Topic: The Smoke is here to hang out and get.........smokey!  (Read 6633 times)

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: The Smoke is here to hang out and get.........smokey!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 10:46:47 AM »
It seems like this year has really been bad on the fires. Normally just hear of one or maybe 2 but from the way the news people are talking it is several fires at the same time. Years ago when I went thru boot camp in San Diego during the winter months our company and sister company was picked to help in forest fire fighting. That year did not have any. I do remember the nights being very cool and the ocean was just across the highway. I can imagine you freezing. Seems like the smokers travel pretty quick. I also bet you have some pretty scenery where you live and in the mountains.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

smokeasaurus

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 12:38:29 PM »
Yeah, it is pretty nice up here Bill, whenever someone asks me where I live I answer this way:

" I live by a lake, in a forest, on a mountain"  8)

Here is the view from our front deck:

Rear Deck:

I have retired at 55. We sold our house in LA county and literally headed for the hills....my wife Wendy is a LVN and recently started working at Mountains Community Hospital in Lake Arrowhead......we are probably going to look for a cabin out that way so she can be closer to work..........I have to say we are pretty darn blessed.........when I start to complain about something you guys feel free to knock me up-side my head  ;D
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »
I don't know Scott, way too many pine needles. Don't they hurt when you walk across them in bare feet?  ::)  Welcome from Colorado.
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

smokeasaurus

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 04:34:45 PM »
I don't know Scott, way too many pine needles. Don't they hurt when you walk across them in bare feet?  ::)  Welcome from Colorado.

;D ;D  no shortage of pine needles around here......the other night the winds were so strong, the pine cones were bouncing off the roof...then we would hear them rolling off the roof onto the ground below........
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
PK Grill

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 06:27:43 PM »
Yeah, it is pretty nice up here Bill, whenever someone asks me where I live I answer this way:

" I live by a lake, in a forest, on a mountain"  8)

Here is the view from our front deck:

Rear Deck:

I have retired at 55. We sold our house in LA county and literally headed for the hills....my wife Wendy is a LVN and recently started working at Mountains Community Hospital in Lake Arrowhead......we are probably going to look for a cabin out that way so she can be closer to work..........I have to say we are pretty darn blessed.........when I start to complain about something you guys feel free to knock me up-side my head  ;D

What a great view, also bet it is nice and cool there. A nice wood cabin like Tom has on Mountain Men. If I was you would take my morning coffee on the back deck daily. I am still in the city, and living very close to my 96 year old Dad. But, thank God he is in better health than me.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 08:46:07 PM »
Great view, Scott!  Glad your place is safe!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

drains

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »
Welcome from Texas Scott! Any land for sale by that lake?
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
I used to dream about living in a place like that.  One of my friends bought a place in the woods and when I saw how much work it was for him to keep the house defensible, I changed my mind.  Renting for vacations will have to suffice for my cabin in the woods fix.  All of us just need to have friends like Scott so that we have a place to stay.   8)
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

smokeasaurus

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »
Welcome from Texas Scott! Any land for sale by that lake?

yup, lots and homes by Lake Gregory and homes (with lake rights) at Lake Arrowhead  :)
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
PK Grill