Author Topic: Newbie from Michigan  (Read 8498 times)

Grampy

Re: Newbie from Michigan
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 12:02:49 PM »
Nick, now you are ready to throw some meat in there! That aroma will definitely smell better than the wood and oil aroma from the seasoning smoke.  :D
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

nhns4

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 02:17:01 PM »
Nick, now you are ready to throw some meat in there! That aroma will definitely smell better than the wood and oil aroma from the seasoning smoke.  :D
Got some ribs going right now.  We have dinner plans but I need an appetizer LOL
Nick from West Michigan
SI #2

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 02:55:07 PM »
Great appetizer!   :P
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

OFFSHORE GINGER

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »
Can't argue with that LOL . Nick you should consider purchasing the cart for your smoker down the road and just curious where in West Mich is your location .
[I[I .............

nhns4

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 03:45:52 PM »
Can't argue with that LOL . Nick you should consider purchasing the cart for your smoker down the road and just curious where in West Mich is your location .

I have 2 carts and im debating on which to mount the #2 to.  Im thinking the staneless with the butcher block as it had 4 heavt duty wheels as oppose to the other butcher block i have down in the man cave. Ill just have to find a thread on the correct bolt size.   Im not to far from Muskegon Lake.  With a name like offshore ginger do you work on boats or oil rigs?
Nick from West Michigan
SI #2

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 05:42:42 PM »
Use the metal butcher block up top one.  I use a similar setup. 
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »
It's like Christmas, Nick! 8)
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

OFFSHORE GINGER

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »

I have 2 carts and im debating on which to mount the #2 to.  Im thinking the staneless with the butcher block as it had 4 heavt duty wheels as oppose to the other butcher block i have down in the man cave. Ill just have to find a thread on the correct bolt size.   Im not to far from Muskegon Lake.  With a name like offshore ginger do you work on boats or oil rigs?
LOL................Nick I work on boats ( Fiberglass repair ) and live in Holland across the street from Lake Mac or should I say the poor side of the street .
[I[I .............

OFFSHORE GINGER

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »
Use the metal butcher block up top one.  I use a similar setup.
I agree and not to mention having the smoker on a cart  ( waste level ) is more manageable opposed to bending down .
[I[I .............

Grampy

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2015, 10:52:21 AM »
"I have 2 carts and im debating on which to mount the #2 to.  Im thinking the staneless with the butcher block as it had 4 heavt duty wheels as oppose to the other butcher block i have down in the man cave. Ill just have to find a thread on the correct bolt size.   Im not to far from Muskegon Lake.  With a name like offshore ginger do you work on boats or oil rigs?"

Nick, I recently mounted my #2 to a cart and the correct size bolts for the legs are M10 X 150 thread bolts. (Metric)
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

nhns4

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »
"I have 2 carts and im debating on which to mount the #2 to.  Im thinking the staneless with the butcher block as it had 4 heavt duty wheels as oppose to the other butcher block i have down in the man cave. Ill just have to find a thread on the correct bolt size.   Im not to far from Muskegon Lake.  With a name like offshore ginger do you work on boats or oil rigs?"

Nick, I recently mounted my #2 to a cart and the correct size bolts for the legs are M10 X 150 thread bolts. (Metric)

Thanks for the bolt size!
Nick from West Michigan
SI #2

mizzoufan

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
Hey Nick, could you provide the info on the treadplate cabinet with butcher block on top.  I'd be very interested in finding one.
Steven from KCMO

nhns4

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 10:46:44 PM »
Hey Nick, could you provide the info on the treadplate cabinet with butcher block on top.  I'd be very interested in finding one.
Found the link for sam's club which is where i got it a few years ago. 189$
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4-drawer-cabinet-hard-wood-top/prod13760146.ip?origin=item_page.rr3&campaign=rr&sn=ClickCP&campaign_data=prod1480010
Nick from West Michigan
SI #2