Author Topic: Hey Everybody!  (Read 2609 times)

bigbassnutt

Hey Everybody!
« on: April 06, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »
I have been browsing this site for a couple months now so thought I should say hey. I purchased a model 2 direct from Steve about a month ago and love it. I am new to smoking so this site has been invaluable to me.  After seasoning my smoker, I made some ribs that were pretty good and made some bacon wrapped chicken thighs this weekend. I had always wrapped my ribs and really like the fall off the bone texture but tried the no peek method. Had a little pull after 5 hours, tried another half hour but was afraid I was overcooking them so I took them out, still had a little tug to them. I will try them a little longer next time. I have the Auber PID and just can't say anything bad about this setup. Looking forward trying a pork butt next. Thanks to everyone sharing their recipies and techniques on here, I will try to do the same, Mike
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:39:49 PM by bigbassnutt »
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Hey Everybody!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:26:53 AM »
Welcome Mike!  Glad you've stepped out of the shadows to join our little party! ;D   Sounds like you're off to a great start. 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Walt

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:40:35 AM »
Mike, let us know when / how you perfect that technique for smoked bass (or as we call them, green trout).
Walt from South East Louisiana
Model#2 Bypassed with
Auber PID WSD 1200 GPH
Weber EP-330 LP grill

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 01:09:04 PM »
Welcome to the club, Mike!   Sounds like your #2 is off and running ... happy smoking!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

mnsmoker

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:22:45 PM »
Welcome the #2 is a great little unit had mine for a couple of months now and I use it way more than I ever thought I would........hoping you have as much fun as I have had.
Jim from Minnesota

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 09:02:01 PM »
Looks great Mike!

One of the nice things about the Smokin-It smokers that I have found is that it is hard to dry out your meat in these things. The smokers retain moisture so well and if you use a pan of juice, beer, etc. (as I always do) your meat will rarely be too dry.

This is the very reason that the no-peak method works so well.

We'll be looking forward to hearing about more successful smokes.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 07:57:20 AM »
Great looking spread, Mike!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!