Author Topic: Proud #2 owner in AZ  (Read 1815 times)

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
Proud #2 owner in AZ
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:08:37 PM »
Hi all!
Little background on my smoking adventures. I started out as a wee pup in IA with my stepdad smoking on a Weber electric. I recall him having to take a lot of time to do the whole process but since the first turkey that he smoked, I and the rest of the family have been hooked. When I moved here to AZ I ended up getting a Brinkman Smoke N Grill (looked very close to what the Weber looked like). It worked well but was kind of a pain since no temp adjustment. And not a ton of room, turkeys would touch sides of smoker. Well last year I decided to try out some new smokers. I went to Lowes and bought a Master Forge electric, which worked once then quit. Exchanged it and the next one overheated and burned up inside. Refunded. Had to resort to getting my Brinkman back out for Thanksgiving. Christmas my mother purchased an electric from BBQ Galore. It was bad out of the box and they didn't have any more. Refunded.
That brings me to the epic search for a more industrial style smoker but something within a budget that I could afford. I looked at Cookshack, too pricey. I looked at Smokin Tex, more along the lines of what I was looking for. I also stumbled on to Smokin-it, perfect prices and the nearly same styling of Smokin Tex. Although the #2 was much better priced than the competition and seemed like was built a little better, more handles, etc.  So I took the bull by the horns and bought a #2 (although now I wish it was the 3).
I have never used a smoker that used less wood and truly was a set it and forget it style.
I highly recommend to everyone that I know when they are in the market for a new smoker.

Oh yeah, my name is Ben and I live in Chandler, AZ. I am an estimator for Kale's Collision Center and I am hooked on smokin meat!
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Proud #2 owner in AZ
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 05:39:50 PM »
Welcome aboard, again, Ben! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

benjammn

• Just smoke it!
    • Kale's Collision
Re: Proud #2 owner in AZ
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:39:13 PM »
I figured I should at least put something up a bit more about my adventures. Thanks Tony!
Ben in Chandler, AZ
Proud owner of #2