Author Topic: Dry Brisket! Help!  (Read 10972 times)

Jerz

• Atlanta, GA
Re: Dry Brisket! Help!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
Thanks!  I know it was good.... my brother is in the restaurant industry and bragged how good it taste and proceeded to take another frozen pound along with some other foods that I food saved up to his mountains house.

I would definitely measure the ambient temp inside the smoker next to the meat to make sure you're getting the heat that you want.  It took a bit of tweeking to realize what temp the dial actually was in comparison to what my igrill was reading.... good luck!

Cheers!
Why reinvent the wheel?  Get yer smoke on....
Smokin' with the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker for about a year.... Model 3 for a minute... Monitoring with the iGrill with the Android App... :D

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Dry Brisket! Help!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »
Jerz, That is one great looking brisket!   My mouth is watering and I am not really a huge brisket fan.  My wife on the other hand is from Texas and when I got my #3, the first thing she said to me was "when are you making me Brisket?"  I am still a newbie, but I think I may take the plunge and go for it.  I was kinda waiting to get my feet wet and get a few cooks under my belt, but with DM's recipe and your recent success, it may just give me the kick in the tail to give it a try. 

Thanks guys for the inspiration.

Make her proud, Charlie!  It's not that hard with our smokers! ;D
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!