Author Topic: Best insulated BBQ gloves?  (Read 46492 times)

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Best insulated BBQ gloves?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »
Glad you found value in them too, Spence!  Couldn't be easier to clean them!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Etex

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »
I am supposing from what I read here that they are able to withstand the heat form the inside components such as a hot rack?

DivotMaker

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:43 PM »
Hey Etex, I don't have any problems handling the shelves or the meat.  I'm not sure I'd grab the smoke box, but probably could.
Tony from NW Arkansas
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »
Just found them on the Academy web site for $9.99 ... just purchased 2 pairs (+$5 shipping)
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

Etex

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »
Thanks guys!

DivotMaker

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 07:25:20 PM »
That's a good deal, Steve!  I don't know that I'll ever wear mine out, or I'd order some more.  Crazy tough!
Tony from NW Arkansas

cjr71244

• New to Smoking, model 1 owner
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »
I just got some of those standard working gloves, the grey ones every hardware store has for like $3. since the smoker isn't that hot I had no problem. I'm sure they will stain but I didnt' get burnt!

DivotMaker

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2014, 02:55:44 PM »
CJ - those will be fine for the heat (pulling racks); I'd just be careful about handling meat with them.  They're not as easily washable as the PVC gloves, and you could get a bacteria issue going in them.  The gloves we're talking about here are washable, and don't absorb any liquids - great for handling cooked meat.
Tony from NW Arkansas

DivotMaker

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 08:21:09 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to update the durability factor.  I've been using the gloves for over a year, and they have held-up fantastic!  No tears, wear, or problems.  They wash easily, and I haven't burned myself once!  Great value!
Tony from NW Arkansas

slojoe

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
Don't know if you're suppose to reply to a yr old post but my money is on the Weber BBQ gloves, all their products are top notch.

es1025

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
Joe
Any post is fair game.
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

DivotMaker

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 11:03:14 PM »
Don't know if you're suppose to reply to a yr old post but my money is on the Weber BBQ gloves, all their products are top notch.

First off, I'm a Weber fan.  I have a Genesis 1000 grill that's still going strong (since '97!).  However, the only Weber Q gloves I've seen are the cloth type, with silicone grippers, or the oven-mit style.  These are apples and oranges.  The problem with any cloth glove is they absorb meat juice.  The gloves I use are insulated rubber, very slick, and easy to clean.  Grill gloves are different; they're for heat protection only.  BBQ gloves are for handling the larger cuts of meat directly, so you don't want anything that will absorb meat juice and be hard to clean.
Tony from NW Arkansas

Pork Belly

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 12:15:21 AM »
Both glove look good and have their purpose. I am a cheapskate I use a lot of nitrile gloves for meat handling and a towel as protection from heat.
Brian - Michigan-NRA Life Member
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
- Sigmund Freud

DivotMaker

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 07:32:59 PM »
Both glove look good and have their purpose. I am a cheapskate I use a lot of nitrile gloves for meat handling and a towel as protection from heat.

I religiously use nitrile gloves during meat prep, but find handling hot meat a little uncomfortable with them.  For $12, I have a pair of gloves that will last (I believe) longer than me, and allow me to handle hot racks and meat at the same time.  I'm cheap, too, and the disposables add up!
Tony from NW Arkansas

harvey101

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 10:09:39 AM »
Wow there are really many types gloves out there. I recently tried out a full silicone glove I bought off Amazon http://bit.ly/blubbaqoo. I chose this because I really don't want to be in the situation where my glove melts and my hands get burnt when I am really focused on the grilling, so I try to find a glove that can handle as high heat as possible, and as thick as possible. Call me a Scaredy Cat but it is working  8)