Author Topic: Ordered #3 yesterday  (Read 31069 times)

Thin Blue

Ordered #3 yesterday
« on: June 22, 2013, 11:33:47 PM »
I ordered the #3, the cart, chip screen, cover and cord holder yesterday at noon. :)
I have been researching this type of electric smoker for about a year. A friend has a Cookshack, I am hopeful the #3 is as good.
Have: Tejas stick burner roll top and a Smokin-it #3 w/ Auber

Had: Brinkmann vertical charcoal, wore out; Old Smoky, not to my liking sold; Brinkmann Pro offset, gave to friend;  Sams Club propane smoker, junk, returned to SAMs; 2 Brinkmann vertical electric, wore out.

es1025

Re: Ordered #3 yesterday
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 09:33:08 AM »
You won't be disappointed.  I have had my #3 for 3 weeks now and have enjoyed it every bit. Smoked 6 racks of baby backs and will be smoking some chicken thighs today.  Make sure you follow the directions in the box for seasoning.  Also use heavy duty foil and don't press it down, it will help when you start cleaning after a smoke.  You don't need a lot of wood 3-4 ozs by weight is good for short smokes (5 hours of less).  I did a bunch of research and always kept coming back to Smokin-it.  The owner Steve is very responsive if you email him with any questions. 
Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

Thin Blue

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:52:19 AM »
Awesome, thanks :)

Had: Brinkmann vertical charcoal, wore out; Old Smoky, not to my liking sold; Brinkmann Pro offset, gave to friend;  Sams Club propane smoker, junk, returned to SAMs; 2 Brinkmann vertical electric, wore out.

ultrafirebike

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 01:52:59 PM »
I ordered # 3 last Monday..it showed up on Thursday, seasoned it on Friday and today (Sunday) I have 3 racks of Baby Backs in and waiting to pull them out.
Good luck with your Smokin-it Adventures...keep us posted
Ultrafirebike
I will ride anywhere to try BBQ
North America is my local Riding area

Thin Blue

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:56:25 AM »
WOW! My order shipped last night, 6-23-13.
Someone is working OT.
So far so good.

UWFSAE

• Smoker, Griller, & International Man of Mystery
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
Congrats on the #3!  It's a beast and will be able to feed a pretty decent sized BBQ, but still very compact (even with the cart).  Be sure to post results and pics of your first smoke!
Joe from Houston, TX
Proud owner of a Smokin-It #3!

Thin Blue

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »
Thanks, will do.

smokeasaurus

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 08:22:59 PM »
No worries about the quality of a Smokin-it. You get the same quality of those other units and you have money left over to boot. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:18:08 PM by smokeasaurus »

Bigumdaddyo

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 11:52:04 PM »
Mine shipped on 6/23 and according to FedEx should be here Friday! Cannot wait. Getting everything ready. Putting fresh  batteries in the Redi-Check. Moving the old stick burner aside to make room.

Larry from WA
Smokin-it #3
Char-griller stick burner

Thin Blue

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 05:41:39 AM »
Wishing u a smoke'n good weekend Bigumdaddyo.
 :)

Thin Blue

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 04:01:30 PM »
#3 has been delivered to the house.  :)
I will be checking it out when I get there after work.

smokeasaurus

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 07:20:15 PM »
As soon as you know the pit was delivered, it is now time to come down with a sudden illness so you can get home and unpack that bad boy  ;)

Thin Blue

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 09:43:51 PM »
The boxes with the #3 and the stand were on the front porch when when I got home
just waiting to be opened.
Everything I ordered was inside and safe.
Assembling the stand was fairly easy.
Everything looks good.
It was pouring rain, so I will hopefully season it tomorrow evening.
FYI: the grills in the # 3 measure 14 5/8" by 21 3/8" and 4 come with the # 3
smoker.
Once I have the smoker mounted on the stand I will post some additional
measurements.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »
Welcome to the club, Thin Blue!  I went with a model 1, and couldn't be happier with the performance and quality of the unit.  But, the measurements you posted have me longing for a #3! LOL.  I can see one in my future!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Thin Blue

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 08:09:33 AM »
Seasoned the #3 for 4 hours at 250d with two sticks of the wood that came with the smoker.
One of the wood sticks pretty much turned to ashes, the other charred on one end and does not
appear to be burned on the other.  Not sure if this is an issue or not.
Inside of smoker looks good and smells great.
Any thoughts from anyone on only one of the wood sticks burning?
All and all I am very impressed with the #3 smoker.
Next, I will put it to the REAL TEST, try some Butts over the weekend.
I posted a picture of the wood sticks, I think. If not I will better research how to post a pic.