Author Topic: Hello from Denver  (Read 1563 times)

Akalli

Hello from Denver
« on: June 18, 2018, 01:05:40 PM »
Hi all! I am new here AND new to smoking. Cooking in the mile high city can sometimes be challenging. I'm taking it slow and figuring things out. Hubby and I bought a #1, as it's just the 2 of us (and the occasional neighborhood get together.) I've always wanted to do smoking as a cooking method and I'm not sure what took me so long to take the plunge. Probably thought it was too complicated or too much work, but I have to say that so far using my Smokin-it #1 has been much easier than I imagined. No pre heating, no adding additional wood along the way, no basting (granted I haven't done any ribs in it yet). I'm so impressed with the quality of this little guy! And I truly appreciate the small footprint of the vertical smokers. My neighbor's Treager is huge and takes up a ton of space on his deck. Not my little champ! Anyway, my goal is to learn to smoke multiple types of food all at once and share with the neighbors, and do so with confidence. I promised the hubby one day we would smoke salmon (I don't eat fish and the thought of cooking one grosses me out). P.S. I am going through foil like no tomorrow and have recurring anxiety about not having enough for a cook, so I end up buying a handful of boxes every week when I shop. Gathering quite the foil stockpile!

Looking forward to learning and gathering recipes and tips from the experts here.

Andrea
Aurora Colorado

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello from Denver
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 01:11:47 PM »
Welcome from Delaware, Andrea, to the land of "Lazy-Q"!    It doesn't get any easier than smoking with a SI smoker.    Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

TX Gent

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:28:25 PM »
Howdy from Texas Andrea!

Congrats on the new #1 and smokin it mile high ... meats and veggies of course not the other pop herb...lol

Our daughter lives in Denver and we keep her supplied with our smoked sausages from Southside Market here in Texas. Couldn't bust her out of Denver for nothing, but she does love to load up on BBQ, TexMex and spices and rubs only found in these parts.

Have fun and if you ever need a taste tester I know one in Denver ...LOL
John ... Smokin #2  South of "Hells' Half Acre" and along ol' Deer Creek

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 07:08:20 PM »
Welcome to the family, Andrea!  These smokers aren't for everyone, but they are everything to the right people.  :)
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »
Welcome again Andrea.  Glad to see you here.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

Hank R

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:08 PM »
Welcome from western Canada, I just smoked my first meal in my #1 and can not believe how easy it was.
Smokin-It #1
Napoleon Prestige gas BBQ with Cast Iron Charcoal/Smoker Tray
 30 year old Big Chief smoker (unused for the last 25)
 Snow blower lover Toro 1128 HD,
 collector of Oilcans
Princeton BC Canada

JustChillin

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 08:00:13 AM »
Welcome from Georgia! You can look forward to some great food with little effort.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

Piksil

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 05:15:42 PM »
Welcome from SW IL!
Skip--Godfrey, IL
SI-3D WiFi
Pit Boss Copperhead 5
Weber Genesis II