Author Topic: Two Different Aubers -- Much different settings  (Read 1846 times)

ChuckFlorida

Two Different Aubers -- Much different settings
« on: April 22, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »
I have a #2 and bought the Auber 1200 and it worked well.  Our back porch was broken into and the thief took the Auber.  I purchased a new Auber 1200 and did the auto tune.  The Settings on the new Auber after several auto tunes are P= 22, I=293 and D=73.  All the auto tunes were pretty close and the outside temp was 70-80.  Law Enforcement recovered my original Auber 1200 (purchased about a year old) and I checked the settings on it.  The settings on the old Auber were P=72, I=600 and D= 275.  Why the difference?  Did they change the Auber 1200 in the past year?  The old Auber worked really well.  I am using the new one today on a brisket and it seems to be working with a few degrees variation.  Do you think I should change the settings on the new Auber to the ones from my old Auber?  Kind of puzzled by the differences.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: Two Different Aubers -- Much different settings
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 06:31:08 PM »
Good question!  It's very possible Auber changed their methodology since your last one...they're pretty good at innovating their technology.  If the old settings (which look more correct to me) worked better, try changing the new one to those settings and try it.  That should give you your answer!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!