Author Topic: Garage Exhaust  (Read 3019 times)

jpowell

• facebook
Garage Exhaust
« on: February 04, 2018, 11:21:30 AM »
Couple weeks ago I finally decided to see if I could vent my 3D into the woodstove flue in our garage that the original owner had installed (we've only been here 2 yrs).
When I removed the flue cover I was surprised at how much draw was present. I had an old dryer vent pipe and hung it from the flue and propped the other end near the exhaust port of the 3D. I did a test and the smoke was drawn up into the flue so I went ahead and smoked 2 butts. Garage stayed pretty much smoke free sans the little that escapes around the door.
It worked so well that I decided to make it more permanent yesterday and took a trip to Menards (and I needed to pick up some Famous Dave's Rib Rub). I got an elbow and some rigid flex and smoked a butt overnight. I'd still like to get a nice wide hood to go over the smoker to gather even the door smoke, but this works well enough for now. Sure beats standing outside in the 20F snow when my garage is 50F and no wind :-)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:30:59 AM by jpowell »
Jason
>3D (my 1st ever smoker!) purchased 4/16
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Autocross and track day junkie
>Far Northern Indiana

jpowell

• facebook
Re: Garage Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 11:32:14 AM »
exhausting :)
Jason
>4 Analog acquired from the founder of Auber Instruments in 11/22 with twin internal auber convection fans. Converting to digital with auber AW-WST1510H-W
>IT Guy
>Far Northern Indiana

jpowell

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:33:28 AM »
This was version 1.0 with the dryer vent
Jason
>IT Guy
>Far Northern Indiana

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 11:59:51 AM »
Looks like a good solution to me.
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 12:58:21 AM »
That looks really cool. I am envious of your heated garage.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.