Author Topic: Swordfish  (Read 1999 times)

Durangosmoker

Swordfish
« on: July 21, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »
Did swordfish sous vide last night with only moderate success. In a bag with salt, pepper, fresh dill, butter, and lemon slices. Put it in the water bath at 125 degrees for 30 minutes. Then took it out of the bag, dried it, and browned it with the searz-all. Came out fully cooked and moist, but somewhat tough. Did it need more time? different temperature?
I love that time and temp. for salmon, but it didn't work for swordfish.  Anybody have thoughts?
Eric in New York's Hudson Valley, unless I can get out to Durango.
SI #1 in Durango, #2 in NY, and thinking about a 3D.

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
Re: Swordfish
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 02:19:14 AM »
I've never tried swordfish sous vide. It a pretty firm-fleshed fish. I usually sous vide the more delicate fleshed fish, like salmon, which I like medium to medium-rare. Try an internet search for "sous vide swordfish". I've seen 130 for 30-45 minutes, or 140 for 30 minutes. I'm thinking swordfish might need a little more cook to get tender.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide