Author Topic: I'm in  (Read 1566 times)

dcbt

I'm in
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:43:19 AM »
Just a quick hello.  Just purchased the #1 smoker and seasoned it last weekend.  Even that was fun to sit outside with a beverage and enjoy the smells.  I've been grilling for years (steak is my specialty, and my kabobs and chicken fajitas also rival any restaurant), so I'm eager to jump in on smoking.  One of the reasons I chose the Smokin'-It was this forum - so much knowledge to lean on (and get me out of jams hah).  I just posted my first question about salmon over in the #1 thread so I'm already leaning on y'all!

Other hobbies include sports and bourbon.  (I'm fairly active over on straightbourbon.com if anyone else is a cross-member.) 
Bryce in DFW, TX
SI #1
Weber Silver Genesis

JustChillin

Re: I'm in
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 01:41:48 PM »
Welcome from Georgia! Nothing better than watching food smoke while enjoying a good bourbon. I actually lean toward Single Malt Scotch and Irish Whiskey.
David from Roswell,GA. My tools currently include the SI #2 with an Auber, Grill Dome, Solaire 27", Holland Grill (Companion) & Weber (Smokey Joe). The Companion & SJ are primarily used for tailgating.

Jimeo

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 02:02:01 PM »
Another welcome from Georgia!  I've had my #2 for only a few months now and love it.  I find myself on the forum daily looking for ideas, it's a great resource.  Enjoy!
Jim in Marietta Georgia
SI#2
Weber Genesis E-310

drains

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 06:32:35 PM »
Welcome from Texas! Bbq and adult beverages are a great together. Looking forward to reading  your posts.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

SconnieQ

• Model #1 since Jan 2015
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:53:39 PM »
Welcome from another #1 owner. Salmon is one of my favorites. I'll look for your post.
Kari from Madison WI "77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality"
Singing the praises of small and simple. SI Model #1 with "Libby the dog" poultry skin eating accessory.
Weber Smokey Mountain (are we still friends?), Weber Kettle Grill (stop complaining WSM, I still have a chance)
Anova WiFi Sous Vide

old sarge

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 11:38:17 PM »
Welcome Bryce from SE Arizona.  Enjoy your new smoker!
David from Arizona
US Army 70 - 95
SI 3D & Big Red Controller
CS 066
Lodge Sportsman Grill
Weber Kettle
Ducane Meridian 42 inch Grill
LEM MaxVac 1088A
LEM Big Bite #8 Grinder
Chef's Choice 665 and Rival Slicers
Old Hickory Knives
InstantPot Duo80 Plus

LarryD

• 3DW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 02:15:20 PM »
Welcome to the family!
------------------------------
See where the Smokin-It Forum Members are located: https://goo.gl/iFgTi1  -- Message me to be added...