Author Topic: Peach paper vs. Foil  (Read 7326 times)

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
Re: Peach paper vs. Foil
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2017, 11:18:11 PM »
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

Meatball

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 02:14:08 AM »
After doing some research it seems most peach paper is treated with what is called " sizing". I would imagine the untreated paper is the way to go????
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

Meatball

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 10:11:51 AM »
I got this emailed to me from a company that makes peach paper.... states in the article what brand Aaron Franklin uses and where to buy it...     http://www.oren-intl.com/blog/why-is-pink-butcher-paper-the-best-choice-for-barbecue
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »
Can anyone suggest a source for uncoated peach paper? Thanks!

I guess I am not sure what "Peach" paper is, but if you want good old non-coated/waxed butcher paper, Sam's Club has 18" X 1000' rolls for $17.98.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/duro-bag-white-paper-roll-18/151200.ip

OK, I searched it out and found what Peach Paper is according to Webstaurant Store:

Unlike white butcher paper that shows blood and excess juices, this peach paper hides unwanted stains to keep food looking appetizing! This means that it's perfect for framing meats in your display case. Additionally, the paper is treated to improve wet strength and leak resistance while allowing the meat to breathe when packaged.

They sell it for $15.49, but $20 to ship it kind of kills that.
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/18-x-700-40-peach-treated-butcher-paper-roll/43318PEA.html

They are both 40# paper, and since you probably don't care about presentation in the paper, would the white uncoated paper work?

I don't really need this or plan on wrapping any of my meats in it, but just thought I would try to help a little with some info that I found.

Good luck!
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

Meatball

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2017, 07:40:31 PM »
From what I have gathered from looking into the different types of paper is if the white paper is bleached it should be avoided.
Also, the peach/ pink paper allows the meat to breath better when its wrapped. If you look on the Franklin site, he sells a brand of untreated peach paper. I emailed them and asked for details about it. Waiting for a reply.
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector