Author Topic: Smokinlicious dust  (Read 2049 times)

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
Smokinlicious dust
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:48:02 AM »
Has anyone used this along with there normal wood? I was reading on there site where they suggest using this as a flavor boost. Anyone got any suggestions?
Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector

NDKoze

• Global Moderator
  • Gregg - Fargo, ND
Re: Smokinlicious dust
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
You would probably need to enclose it in foil and even then for a 225-250 smoke, I think I would be a little worried that it would combust.

It could be OK for low temp jerky/fish type smokes where it is hard to keep large chunks smoking. But, I think I still tend to like the chips versus the dust for these smokes. Outside of using in my A-MAZE-N smokers, I don't really see a need for this stuff for me anyway.

I didn't know that they carried the dust.
Gregg - Fargo, ND
Smokin-It #3 (purchased in 2014) that replaced a Masterbuilt XL (ugh) and a 10+ Year-Old Big Chief (still used for fish), and few others over the years, along with variety of Weber Gas/Charcoal Grills, Anova Sous Vide, etc. devices.

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:10:55 PM »
I didn't know they carried dust.  I'll have to check it out!  It would be OK in a foil pack, or in an Amazen smoker product, I would guess.
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Meatball

• Smoke it if you got it ....
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:17:21 PM »
I am curious how it would work with regular wood chunks, what kind effect it would have on the flavor seeing it would burn at such a different rate. Only one way to find out...lol

Bobby
Tennessee resident
Welder / Inspector