Author Topic: 3-D Question  (Read 2586 times)

JackT

3-D Question
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:49:19 PM »
Hello Smokin It members. Brand new 3-D owner and have a question that I'm sure is simple to answer, but until I ask, it is a dumb question. As I peck at the keyboard, I've got two slabs of spare ribs on the smoker. Although I've not yet cooked for internal temperature with the pid controller, this is the second time (not counting seasoning) that I've smoked with temperature and time. The user guide says that when you finally end up with a screen that shows temp and time with the green light on that your good-to-go. What I'm seeing however is temp and "-H-". Nothing in the guide identifies that "-H-" or shows that. The time programmed is 6 hours. Both times before, the time that I programmed was accurate, so the operation seems to be correct. Am I seeing the correct thing on the controller? Appreciate the assistance.

Jack
JackT
Prairie du Rocher, IL
Weber Performer
Weber Smokey Mountain
Custom Rib Grill
Custom Rotisserie Smoker Trailer
SI 3D

JackT

Re: 3-D Question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
Sometimes I do talk to myself, but here I'm going to answer my own question. Went to the Auber website and found some troubleshooting info that states the -H- is a sensor error. Well, the meat temp sensor is not plugged in, and should it be if I'm cooking for temp and time? So one question leads to another. If anyone knows that info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jack
JackT
Prairie du Rocher, IL
Weber Performer
Weber Smokey Mountain
Custom Rib Grill
SI 3D

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:06:50 PM »
Jack, on the face of the Auber is a little button labeled, "time".  Punch that button and your "-H-" should flip over to time.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

JackT

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »
Thanks SuperDave and right you are. Also notice that it's a count-up timer rather than a count-down timer. Back to my on-the-job training and it just hit Miller time:)   .........and after that last two weeks stock market action, it may be an extended Miller time!
JackT
Prairie du Rocher, IL
Weber Performer
Weber Smokey Mountain
Custom Rib Grill
SI 3D

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:01 PM »
Sounds like "problem solved," Jack!  Glad to have you in the SI family!  We're finalizing a 3D manual, but in the mean time, you can download the 1500GPH manual from the Auber website....it works the same!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!