Author Topic: Oakridge BBQ Rubs  (Read 2828 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Oakridge BBQ Rubs
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »
Oakridge BBQ Value Sampler Rub Pack

I noticed that some of our members here use the Oakridge BBQ rubs and while I make my own rub, I decided to see what they had to offer.

Visiting their website I was impressed that their rubs were all natural and that salt was not the number one ingredient.
Not sure what I wanted to order, I decided on the Ultimate Value Sampler Pack for $4.95, postage was included in the price.

What I received was about 1.8 oz. each of the following rubs:
Dominator Sweet Rib Rub
Competition Beef & Pork Rub
Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken Rub
Game Bird & Chicken Rub
Santa Maria Steak Seasoning

For me out of the five packages two were really good, the Santa Maria Steak Seasoning and the Dominator Sweet Rib Rub.

The Santa Maria would be great on steak and last night I used it on a baked potato and it was excellent. The Dominator Sweet Rib Rub, has a bit of heat but you can also taste the cinnamon, I will be trying this on ribs in the near future.

Overall if you are not going to make your own rub I would suggest giving their rubs a try.

* I should mention is that all of the rubs I tried had a bit of heat to them.

Greg
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:28:05 PM by gregbooras »

smokeasaurus

Re: Oakridge BBQ Rubs
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 02:46:48 PM »
Oakridge rubs are of the highest quality and used out on the comp circuit. When I had my older SI #3, I did a packer for 22 hours rubbed with the Oakridge Santa Maria.....one of the best briskets I have ever done........
Got Smoke?
Smokin It #2 and stand
Weber Performer
Weber Redhead
Gabby Grills Santa Maria and Rotisserie
PK Grill
Blackstone 36 inch Flat Top

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 03:17:18 PM »
Oakridge rubs are of the highest quality and used out on the comp circuit. When I had my older SI #3, I did a packer for 22 hours rubbed with the Oakridge Santa Maria.....one of the best briskets I have ever done........

I also like their Santa Maria, looking forward to trying it on future smokes.

Greg

jcboxlot

• John, York PA.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 03:38:25 PM »
+1

I use the rib rub a lot (slabs and country ribs)

The beef and pork rub I like on almost anything from nuts, to pretzels, to meat.

Some of there stuff does have "heat".  While I don't think too bad, the wife isn't so fond of.
Smokin It #2.  Weber Genesis. Old Smokey charcoal.  Work from home antique tool dealer and living the dream.  Dad, Husband, Cook.  John~York PA

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »
You'll have to try that Santa Maria on a tri-tip roast with some oak!  Bet that's good!
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!