Author Topic: Almond?  (Read 2128 times)

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
Almond?
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:59:37 PM »
I've learned this summer that the majority of almonds grown for world consumption are grown out west where I'm located.  In fact, I have some almond trees in my yard.  I was curious if any of you in other parts of the country have seen or used almond wood.
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
Re: Almond?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »
I have not tried it but, it might have a similar smoke taste to other nut trees. Give it a try and let us know. What do you do with the almonds that you harvest?
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

SuperDave

• Officially Retired
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 06:34:12 PM »
What do you do with the almonds that you harvest?
I have a bilateral treaty with the squirrels.  They get half and I get half.  I love eating almonds, occasionally, I'll buy some Smokehouse Almonds for flavored varieties but honestly, raw almonds are my preference. 
Model 4, Harrisville, Utah

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 07:05:38 PM »
I have 5# of raw almonds that I purchased off of E-Bay wait for me to smoke them. But, have a couple of other items I want to do first. I will probably do them in the #3 on the racks that I purchased the other day. I still need to make the racks for the #1. Glad you have the treaty with the squirrels but put a clause in there to stay away from your peaches.
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri