Author Topic: Hello from Tennessee!  (Read 3233 times)

TNMama

Hello from Tennessee!
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:27:58 AM »
Hi all,
My Smokin-It #2 is on the way and I am glad that this forum exists. While I enjoy cooking and spend a lot of time in the kitchen daily, I am a newbie to smoking. We have a fairly large family (6 kiddos age 13 and younger) and I think that the ability to smoke meats will be a welcome addition around here.
I look forward to chatting with everyone!
Lauren from Knoxville.

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
Re: Hello from Tennessee!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 12:35:53 PM »
Welcome from Delaware, Lauren!   You will enjoy the possibilities with the #2, I know I do!   Great smoker, and lots of good recipes on this forum to try out.  Cheers
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

drains

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 01:51:41 PM »
Welcome from Texas! Lots of good info and friendly people here willing to help anytime you need it. Have fun with your new smoker.
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

AlinMA

• Al
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:25 PM »
Welcome from Eastern MA! I'm sure you all will enjoy the smoked goodies from your SI#2
Al from N'East MA
Smokin-It #1
Weber Spirit 310
Maverick 733, Igrill mini
Love my Rubs

elkins20

• Smokin it best electric smoker bar none!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 03:50:49 PM »
Hey Lauren, Welcome from Kansas City, enjoy that new smoker and all the bbq you will get the very easy way, just add the wood, meat, close the door, set the temp. and forget about it. The smoker will do the rest for you.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:05:34 PM by elkins20 »
Bill SI#1, SI#3, 2 Auber Pids, Cold Smoke Plate for the #3, Large Weber kettle, Smoky Joe Weber, and 2006 Harley softail deuce for stress relief,  from Kansas City, Missouri

Grampy

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 06:01:54 PM »
Lauren, welcome from SW Arkansas! Congratulations on your SI#2. This forum offers some great recipes and advice. Help with anything you might need is just a click away.
Jimmy from Arkadelphia, AR
Smokin-It #2
Woo Pig Sooie!

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 08:51:25 PM »
Hi, and welcome to the club, Lauren!!  Being from the South, I'm sure your clan will have no problem accepting your new venture into smoked meat!! ;D (No "self-respecting" Southerner would).

Stick with us, and we'll get you up to "Pit Master" status in no time!  Great thing about your #2 is that you get to focus on some meat prep (which I bet you'll be great at), and it does all the "work" of turning it into great Q!

Let us know how we can help, and don't be shy!  8)

Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Limey

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 10:06:26 PM »
Hi Lauren and welcome from the Keys. Great forum and great folks here. You will learn a lot- I did.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

Tyarra

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 01:38:02 AM »
Welcome, Lauren, from North Texas!  You'll love it here, a lot of great information, and lots and lots of support and enthusiastic cheering sections!
Leah from North Texas
--
"I didn't move to Texas to become a vegetarian!"
    - tee-shirt

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 08:20:17 AM »
Welcome Lauren from Saint Augustine Florida!

I also bought a #2 and I could not be happier!

Looking forward to seeing how you like it. Don't forget to post your results and any recipes!

Greg

mizzoufan

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:17 AM »
Welcome aboard, Lauren.  Doesn't sound like you're going to have too many leftovers with such a clan around!
Steven from KCMO

Trip

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »
Hey Lauren, I am in Chatty, but most of my immediate family lives in the Farragut/Lenoir City area.  Hope to move back some day, may be soon, fingers crossed.  Welcome to the forum.