Author Topic: I'm in!  (Read 2307 times)

TexasSMK

I'm in!
« on: April 16, 2015, 08:58:02 PM »
Hello all!  Dale here, I am a retired Marine, from the great state of Texas--currently live in Maryland.  New to making BBQ--nearing expert phase of life in consuming BBQ.  Looking forward to getting my new toys. Bought the #2 with stand and Auber PID 1200.   What I have learned from this forum so far:  Season the smoker, and read some info on the PID.
Is there a single thread that shows the install of the PID with a switch?   
Dale from NE Texas--USMC Retired--Living in Havre de Grace, Maryland.  SE#2 with Auber

DivotMaker

• Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D!
Re: I'm in!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:42:40 PM »
Hi Dale, and Thank You for your service in the Corps! ;D   Check out the Auber Instructions section:

Auber Instructions

There isn't a "single" post on the switch install, but there are a couple on the bypass that include a switch.  I would recommend looking through several of the threads, because there are several good tips on different kinds of switches, and sources for them.  I'm sure others will direct you to some of their posts on switch installation.  I don't use a switch - just straight bypass, so I can't give you good advice on it.

Glad to have you with us, and look forward to helping you bring your Q-making experience in line with your Q-eating experience level! 
Tony from NW Arkansas
"Official Smokin-It Test Pilot"
Smokin-It Model 1, 2D conversion, and 3D
Auber PID, NexGrill 896 6-burner, CharBroil Big Easy, Anova Precision Cooker w/WiFi
Wife, Son and One REALLY Big Dog!

Barrel99

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:25:24 PM »
Hi Dale. Welcome from Florida. Enjoy your new toys. You will love them!
Arnie near Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Smokin-It #3, Landmann GSM Propane smoker, WEBER kettle, CharGrill Gas BBQ, Brinkman Gas/charcoal combo grill

1-is fun, 2-gets you through, 3-will set you free, 4-and you don't need no more...WAHOOOOOO!!!

BedouinBob

• Let's Smoke Meat!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:32:06 AM »
Welcome Dale! You will love your SI. Tony pretty much gave you the direction on the Auber. Happy smokin'!
Bob - Colorado Springs
NRA & USN

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 12:59:22 PM »
Hey Dale,

Welcome from Saint Augustine Florida!

Greg

drains

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 01:06:40 PM »
Welcome from East Texas! You have made the right choice in the smokin it smoker. You will soon notice that you are using it more than you might imagine because there is so little prep time involved for the smoker. Enjoy!
Dale from East Texas
Smokin It #3

es1025

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 03:18:01 PM »
Dale
Welcome aboard from NJ.

Ed from Northern NJ
Proud owner Smokin-it #3, Bypassed and Auber
Has anyone seen my Weber Genesis Gold?

Limey

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 06:05:35 PM »
Dale, welcome to the SI family-lots of great advice on this forum.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.