Author Topic: Spare parts - Have any of you needed them?  (Read 2427 times)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
Spare parts - Have any of you needed them?
« on: April 06, 2015, 04:57:53 PM »
I like to be prepared and considering buying a spare temperature control and spare heating element for my #2.

Have any of you needed to replace them on your smoker, also I noticed Steve sells a replacement firebox?

Thanks in advance Greg

Limey

Re: Spare parts - Have any of you needed them?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »
My unit is pretty new so I have not needed anything. Steve is very quick in responding so I would be tempted to wait until you need something before ordering it.
Roger from the Florida Keys.
Two SI#3s, both with switched bypass and Aubers(different locations), Viking, Jenn Aire & five TEC infra red grills. Recently acquired UDS.

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 05:23:29 PM »
My unit is pretty new so I have not needed anything. Steve is very quick in responding so I would be tempted to wait until you need something before ordering it.

I seems like the temp controller and the heater are about the only things that could fail. My concern is are these off the shelf parts I can pick up any where?

In my home I put in higher end Toto toilets and the parts are different, so I have a box of parts in the closet!

Maybe its just me :)

Greg

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:41:02 PM »
My #2 is over two years old and is in use pretty much every weekend.  I have not had to replace anything.  I did have to tighten some crews on the outside of the box for some reason, but that's it.
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 05:48:41 PM »
My #2 is over two years old and is in use pretty much every weekend.  I have not had to replace anything.  I did have to tighten some crews on the outside of the box for some reason, but that's it.

I find that encouraging!

Greg

swthorpe

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »
I think they are built very well and I don't look forward to having to change stuff out!
Steve from Delaware
Smokin-It #2

bigbassnutt

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 06:24:55 PM »
I have had my #2 over a year and haven't had anything break or wear out. I use it quite a bit, it's very well built.
Mike in Indiana
Smokin-it Model 2