Author Topic: Best cut for pulled/shredded beef?  (Read 6756 times)

jbauch357

Re: Best cut for pulled/shredded beef?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 12:40:22 AM »
Used about half of the remaining leftovers to make stroganoff, delicious for supper and I've got good eating for lunches the next few days.  Love how the smoke flavor comes out when you mix leftovers into other dishes.
Josh - Western Washington (hell)

gregbooras

• Global Moderator
  • #3D Smoker
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »
205 is the upper limit but I figured it should be fine considering the beer can boats and being left in a tray with all of the injected fluids that seeped out.  If it's dried out I can always juice it up a bit with more broth, or if it is a complete loss I'm only down $13 but gained knowledge about what I can truly set and forget while at work.  The idea I'm really playing with is getting a wifi enabled web cam with remote monitoring so I can keep an eye on things while at work.

Josh,

I have been looking at some products by Icelsius wireless but have not pulled the trigger yet. They have a bbq wifi thermometer, that allows you to see the temp and info over the internet. Looks like they are not available for a few weeks, below is a link to their site.

http://www.icelsius.com/icelsius_wireless_product.php?p=9

Greg

jbauch357

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »
Thanks for the idea, but I'll already have the Auber going so I'll have meat/cabinet temps.  I just need an easy way to monitor them remotely, seeing smoke production would also be nice hence the webcam direction.  I asked around for recommendations at work and somebody offered up for free a wifi cam they aren't using any more, we'll see if 640x480 is enough.
Josh - Western Washington (hell)